Search

Planning honeymoon visit to maldives

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18th, 2019, 08:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning honeymoon visit to maldives

Hi, Friends,
My brother is planning to have his Honeymoon trip to Maldives in the last week of January 2020.In this regards I request your help and suggestion to plan the itinerary.Please consider following points:
1. Transport from Male Airport to resort/hotel.
2. Option of having vegetarian food.
3. They don't know swimming. So what activities can they plan.
4. They intend to stay for 5 nights.
5. Their budget for stay is approximately INR 20000-25000 per day.
6. Please suggest any places they can visit during their stay.
7. Please suggest hotel/resort that they can consider for stay.
8. How should the payment be made, through hotel website or third party site.
9. please mention suggestion on any other points also that i have missed.
Old Nov 19th, 2019, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If they don't swim or snorkle, and don't know what else they might do, why have they picked the Maldives?
Old Nov 19th, 2019, 02:06 PM
mjs

I suspect that the choice of the Maldives was not researched. Except for lying on the beach, spas and possibly tennis, the activities in the Maldives is the ocean with swimming, boating, fishing, scuba, snorkeling and swimming being the emphasis. The resorts in the Maldives are also quite expensive and the budget is only possibly adequate for hotels or rooming houses in Male or islands which have a town. not resorts. Seaplanes are quite expensive and seem to run about $580 return when I looked earlier this year. High speed boats can be a few hundred dollars for transfer and if you wish to visit other islands the charges may be higher especially if you are not doing it as a group. January is also high season. Food is also expensive, with buffet dinners at a $100 a person not uncommon. In short, the budget of about $300 for two people will not work at the resorts in Maldives although it might be adequate for a backpackers trip.
Why one would go to the Maldives if one does not swim is a bigger issue
Old Nov 19th, 2019, 02:22 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
I've been to the Maldives (Bandos)....and I don't swim. I took an island hopping tour, a tour of Male, had a few massages and went snorkeling (once), hung out on the beach, walked around the island, etc.

My spouse, on the other hand, has gone annually for over 20 years - but he's a diver.

His island of choice is Bandos - he pays about $250 a day full board (diving is extra). The boat transfer from Male runs about $75.

Sure, there are more expensive and posh options, but Bandos is indeed a resort and might be worth looking into.
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 10:14 AM
mjs

A quick look at Booking.com has Brando’s at around $500 a night with full board and taxes at the end of January which is high season. Perhaps one can get cheaper rates as a regular and possibly off season?
Old Nov 20th, 2019, 01:15 PM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Assume you mean Bandos mjs.

Could be, as the Maldives is quite busy with Europeans in the winter months, Spouse goes in the low season and does get a repeater rate, but I suspect the OP could do a lot better than $500 a night should he/she care to check directly with the resort.
Old Nov 25th, 2019, 02:00 PM
mjs

i should add that the Lonely Planet Maldives guide was quite decent