Eiffel Tower Tickets

Search

Eiffel Tower Tickets

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eiffel Tower Tickets

My husband and I will be travelling to Paris at the very end of March into the beginning of April (fairly short trip). I went online to book Eiffel Tower lift tickets (someone mentioned pre-booking them around 5-6 to watch sunset...) and all the times for all the days we will be in Paris are sold out. I guess I didnt do this early enough!!

My question is....will be able to get tickets at the Eiffel Tower while we are there or is it truly sold out?

Thanks!
Old Feb 12th, 2018, 12:18 PM

The site itself indicates that you can purchase individual tickets on the day of excursion, but they aren't 'jump the line' tickets.
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

Thanks! Any thoughts around the line length at end of March?? Obviously it will be shorter then if it were July!
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 05:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Consider going up the Tour Montparnasse instead. Then, instead of being on the Eiffel Tower, you will be able to see it.
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 07:34 AM

I agree with AJPEABODY Montparnasse tower is cheaper and you get to see the Eiffel Tower Twinkle - Plus you can purchase a ticket that includes a glass of champagne!!
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by LizDMac2424
Thanks! Any thoughts around the line length at end of March?? Obviously it will be shorter then if it were July!
Can you tell me if it will be raining? If so, the line will be even shorter.

Just go an hour in advance of the time you wanted tickets. I would never purchase tickets in advance for a March visit to the Eiffel Tower. It could be an enormous waste of money. The ET loves advance ticket sales. They maximize revenue as they never could if they only sold tickets on good weather days when people actually wanted to visit.
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 08:43 AM

I think people go up in the Eiffel Tower partly to say they did it and because it is iconic, not just for the view. Which is why they don't go up Montparnasse Tower as much.
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 12:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The other great view of Paris is from the tethered balloon at Parc Andre Citroën.

https://europeforvisitors.com/paris/...at-balloon.htm
Old Feb 14th, 2018, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

Thanks guys! My husband had already tagged Montparnasse Tower on our list as well (not sure if we will do both, but who knows). I kinda agree with Christina that going up on the Eiffel Tower is just iconic. Great point about the rain, Sarastro. I don't know why I didn't think of that.....we could have pre-bought tickets and then had a non-existent view in the rain!! The only things I have "pre-done" is booked a wine tasting with the folks at O'Chateau, booked a time at the Louvre, and made a reservation at a restaurant we want to hit (probs will make a few more rezzies as time gets closer). I think I am going to stick with just that as the pre-arrangement items. Once again, thanks for your advice!
Old Feb 17th, 2018, 01:56 AM

We went at the end of March and bought a skip the line tour with Viator. It wasn't a great deal more expensive than the day ticket and worked well for us. There was quite a long queue (which we bypassed) and we enjoyed the 'behind the scenes' tour that went with it.