Itinerary for 6 nights in Ireland with a car

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6th, 2018, 09:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sister-in-law (50 something), niece and nephew (20 somethings) and I (60-something) are planning a road trip in Ireland May 15 to 21, 2018, (6 nights) flying in and out of Shannon Airport.

Some of the places we would like to visit are Dingle, Ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Mohr and Connemara Peninsula.

These places seem a little far flung and I am not sure how to organize the road trip.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

THANK YOU!
Old Jan 6th, 2018, 12:57 PM

Dingle, Ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Mohr and Connemara Peninsula.>

Not far flung really but a sweet drive along coast from Killarney (bucolic area) to Ring of Kerry - Dingle Peninsula - The Burren (be sure to add that - right on the way) - Cliffs of Mohair - (not sure in what order Burren and Cliffs Mohair are) - Galway - Connemarra.

Like ducks in a row. Perfect for 6 nights even though driving can be slow - this is also the Gaelic-speaking area where Gaelic is the daily language of many who of course also all speak English.
Old Jan 6th, 2018, 02:08 PM

In September we rented a car and drove through Dingle, Killarney, Ring of kerry and Cliffs of Moher. We loved it. It is very doable and as PalenQ says the driving can be slow, but I wouldn't do it in a hurry anyhow.
One of our great finds was Kilkee which also had amazing cliffs and views. You could do that after the Cliffs of Moher on your way to Dingle, taking the ferry across to Tarbert.
The drive around the Dingle peninsula is magnificent.
Old Jan 7th, 2018, 06:32 AM

Received 22 Likes on 8 Posts
Personally I would drop the Cliffs of Moher and focus on the other two. But that is because I love the other two areas. Look into Killorglin as a place to stay between Dingle, the Ring Of Kerry and perhaps even Killarney.

Clifden is a good place to rent a bike if you’re in the mood.