Need help planning for flower parade

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend and I are first-time travelers to Holland, heading for the flower parade the weekend of April 22-24. We'd like to see the construction of the floats, but aren't sure exactly where to go or best way to get there. We're open to any type of tour or transport except bicycles (old ladies, bad knees). I found a website that offered grandstand seat reservations which would be perfect for us but couldn't get the site translated into English. Does anyone know how to do this? Or recommend a good viewing site for us along the route? We're planning on renting a car at least one day to drive ourselves through the flower fields (we like to wander when we travel--at least for one day!) and would love suggestions on where to go for optimal views. Also planning on visiting flower market in/near Amsterdam. Thanks for any advice!
Old Apr 4th, 2016, 09:26 PM
Original Poster

Just to be clear--when I asked for assistance with grandstand reservations, I'm looking for info or contact info in English on how to make the reservations, not for help translating the website. I searched the site several times, clicked on all the links and found nothing to translate that particular page of the flower parade site to English.
Old Apr 4th, 2016, 09:39 PM

We stayed in Harlem which is where the parade ends up. We watched it arrive and then the next day people were permitted to take flowers from it. Lots of fun! It is beautiful. Harlem is a great spot for parade viewing- not too crowded. We did this two different years.
Old Apr 4th, 2016, 11:31 PM

Why do you need an English guide?
The page is in English:
https://www.bloemencorso-bollenstreek.nl/en/
Clicked on More information and it brought me to this page:
https://www.eventbrite.nl/e/tickets-...en-19857583567
Clicked on the green tab beside the prices.
Open a small message box and you choose what you desire.
Choose how many places you want (Tribunetoegang) choose how many parking places you want.
Aantal (at the bottom is total cost)
click the green button and it takes you to the next process where you fill in your details.
No need for me to go further as I do not which to purchase tickets.
If you do not understand a word then look it up in Google.
Old Apr 4th, 2016, 11:57 PM

If you are renting a car to see tulip fields can I suggest you head away from the more traditional area and go to the Flevo and NoordOost Polders. There are many fileds there, and they are less crowded than the traditional area. There are driving routes set out, with places you can stop and wal in the fields, and cafés etc for a break.

http://tulpenroutedronten.nl/english/
http://www.stepnop.nl/en/tulip-festival
You could easily combine both routes in a single day.

Easy to reach from Amsterdam too.

For the grandstand follow the instructions above. Chhose the number of tickets you want, and whether you want a car parking space, press bestellen. then fill in your details on the next page - voornaam is first name, achternaam is surname, email adress, and confirm email adress. Choose your payment type - credit card, choose your credit card - Visa, Mastercard or AE, fill in the number in the next box, the expiry date - month and year in the next ones, csc - the 3 figure security code on the back.
Factuur adres - billing address. Choose your country, fill in your address, street, place, state, postcode/zip. Click on betaal nu to pay.