I am just starting to plan our 10 day honeymoon trip. This is our first time to Costa Rica and we are quite excited. Here are the specs with related questions.
1) Dates: July 1st, 2013 leaving the 10th. Is this going to be too rainy?
2) Rental car: a good idea or is it better to just get public transit (don't have much extra money for flights)
3) Locations: I'm completely open to suggestions on this one, would like to be on the ocean for part of the trip. We are thinking about 3 locations
4) Lodging: any good suggestions of bed and breakfasts, local gems, hotels? We don't want to stay at the overly touristy hotels/resorts that seem fake.
5) Activities: We want to: hike, see waterfalls, lounge on beaches, jungle tours and are open to other adventures.
6) What do you think this might cost? We don't want to be cheap but at the same time won't be spending money on too many guided trips (especially for hiking) or $250+ hotel rooms (is 100-150/night reasonable?).
I know there are a lot of questions there so thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Clemson vs Citadel
- 2 Tipping a driver in Tulum
- 3 Please help with seven day Belize itinerary with three children!
- 4 Cancun Terminal 4?
- 5 Costa Rica in Spring - Guanacaste Region
- 6 Guadalajara quick break in March
- 7 Book Today
- 8 Oaxaca City
- 9 Quiet ocean view in Baja- rental
- 10 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 11 live from PV !
- 12 San Luis Potosí, Mexico and area suggestions
- 13 Cabos to Todos Santos
- 14 3 weeks in Costa Rica 1st time in Jan 2018
- 15 Car rental in Costa Rica
- 16 Rosarito Beach and Valle de Guadalupe
- 17 Teotihuacán small tour recommendations?
- 18 Costa Maya beach
- 19 Costa Rica: Relaxation, a little off-road adventure and nature classroom
- 20 escorted tour Costa Rica
- 21 Disturbing infor about Trip Advisor deleting reviews of sexual assualts
- 22 Which ruins.
- 23 Merida Restaurant on Christmas
- 24 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 25 Help with Itinerary for Dec. 2017