Zihuatanejo

Mar 8th, 1997, 05:13 PM
Linda Jurewitz

Zihuatanejo

My Fodor's Mexico Book is old. Is the Hotel
Fiesta Mexicana onPlaya la Ropa still recommended.
Any details ? What is the current phonenumber ?

Mar 10th, 1997, 12:43 PM
maria

In the current Fodor's guide to Mexico, there is no listing for the Hotel Fiesta Mexicana in Zihuatanejo. On Playa la Ropa, you may want to try Catalina-Sotavento or Las Urracas. Catalina-Sotavento (Playa la Ropa, Box 2, 40880, 755/4-20-32, Fax 755/4-29-75) is really 2 hotels in one. It's a multilevel oldie-but-goodie that sits on a cliff overlooking the bay. Rooms are large and well maintained, with ceiling fans and ample terraces. At Las Urracas (Playa la Ropa, Box 141, 40880, 755/4-20-53), each of the casita-style units has a porch in a shaded garden, a kitchen, and a stove. It is a great bargain-which lots of people know about, so reserve far in advance. Both hotels are in the $40-90/night category. Hope this helps.

Mar 13th, 1997, 01:14 PM
Greg Bradford

Hi...
Don't know what your budget, desire is, but try Lonely Planet guides.
There is a nice place on Playa Madera called Hotel Brisas del Mar, and the number is: (753) 4-21-42.
A decent, mexican hotel with lounge and restaurant, and it is located on the beach.
Good Luck...

Mar 25th, 1997, 06:36 PM
Anna

I went to the public library for Fodor's 97 Mexico guidebook. There is no mentiion of your hotel.

I am going to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo the middle of April, any tips?

Apr 22nd, 1997, 02:04 PM
Rebecca

Four of us stayed at the Hotel Solimar in Zihuat last month. It's a small hotel about 2 blocks from Playa Principal, very comfortable with kitchen and pool. The owners were extremely nice - we highly recommend it. It was $50 a night; telephone: (755)4-36-92. Keep it in the Mexico Fodors Guide!

Jul 7th, 1997, 06:21 AM
John

I left a message under Ixtapa also, but does anyone have any info on either Bungalows Ley or Bungalows Los Pacificos in Zihuat? We're looking for something on the water with a great view. Thanks.