Search

yelapa in October?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5th, 2009, 11:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yelapa in October?

Me and a friend are looking for a place with a beach and access to more if we want it. We are thinking about Yelapa/PV and want to know how the weather is in Oct., are insects a problem? Also, it looks like there is no traveling between the two after around 6PM. Is that true, or what would be the options? Any other recommendations, especially for a beach in October would be appreciated. Thanks
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 05:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It's not an island, but you can only get to Yelapa from Vallarta by boat (water taxi) practically speaking. The weather should be fairly nice by October (it's rainy season Aug/Sept). You can get between the two during the day, but it's not like you'd be able to hop into PV for the nightlife (if that's what you're picturing). Other recommendations would be to spend part of the trip actually in PV somewhere (but then I love that town).
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Hi Suze,

I thought about it, but it did not seem possible. But it does sound rather special there, and it does sound like there are a few things going at night? We were concerned that we would still have rain. Do you think it is a good bet to be over then?
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 04:34 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Honeybear~~
Sorry but I'm not willing to bet on the weather in Puerto Vallarta October is technically an in-between month so yes there could still be some possibility of rains. I wouldn't feel certain about a 100% dry vacation until mid- to late November thru about the end of May. Early June thru summer months begins the rainy season again.

I'm not sure what you mean it didn't "seem possible" to spend some time in downtown PV and some time in Yelapa, if that was of interest to you. Unless you are already in Mexico, you'll have to fly into the international airport (PVR) and go thru town, to catch the boats to Yelapa anyways.

Hardly anyone from PV posts here on Fodor's, unless Cabron stops in.

Go to www.vallarta-info.com or www.allvallarta.com for great PV website information. Also there is a very active forum over at www.tripadvisor.com (not the hotel reviews part, but there are destination forums similar format to this one, look under Mexico, then to Puerto Vallarta).
Old Jul 6th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, will look that up. Probably needing to try another area that time of year....appreciate your suggestions.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 07:31 AM

If it's the end of Oct, the rain may be finished. Yelapa has more bugs than PV so use repellent and I burn insecticide spirals called Raidolitos.
The water taxi from Los Muertos beach will take about 50min to reach Yelapa depending on stops, the last one back is about 4:30pm.
Why not stay in Puerto Vallarta, there're beaches all around the bay, Yelapa is a bit remote.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 10:58 AM

Ahhhh.....but Yelapa is so amazing! And entirely diferent from PV. PV was lovely, I'm glad I saw it. But Yelapa was exactly what we were looking for, something a bit remote & off the beaten track. And actually, it's not really that remote, it just gives the feeling. Sayulita could be interesting for you as well?