Yacutinga Lodge/Ignassu Falls

Old Jan 11th, 2005, 05:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yacutinga Lodge/Ignassu Falls

has anyone ever been to this eco-lodge and taken their trips? They have a wonderful website and it sounds fascinating. Just wondering if anyone out there knows of this and what experiences you have had? thanks
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 08:31 AM

We just returned at the end of December. The birding was fantastic. Accommodations, guides and food were very good too. It is young rain forest as they have reclaimed land that was used for cattle. Electricity only from 6:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.- but it is not a problem at all. You ride in on a flat bed truck with seats for 2 hours. Not uncomfortable, but you get covered with the reddest dirt I have ever seen. It is next to impossible to get out of your clothes. If you have a flight out and cannot shower before hand, take clothes to change in to at the airport. If you arrange different transfer times (their's are only at 2:00 p.m.) you could ride in something else. I think it would cost only a bit more. We arranged it thru Cintia at wow Argentina, recommended often on this board. She could check the different options for you. It was definitely worth it! I could not find any info except the website before we went. They also have night hikes and had just finished filming a dutch survivor show a few days prior to our arrival. We saw some of the "sets".
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

connette:
when you stayed there, did you see the Falls or did you go a day earlier or stay a day later to see it.
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 03:12 PM

We stayed 2 nights at the Sheraton in a fall view room and 2 nights at Yacutinga. Would not have done it any other way. I cannot say enough about staying at the Sheraton. I think combining the view, with the nature show (it was so incredible it could have been scripted) from our balcony was one of the best 2 nights spent anywhere. It really takes 2 nights to do justice to the falls.
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Original Poster

Connette... can you email me so I can find out more about the eco lodge? I just want to figure out if that is something we should do on another trip, since it would cut down on our side trips. my email is [email protected]
thanks.