xcaret

Old Sep 19th, 1999, 06:34 AM
Judy

xcaret

How much does it cost to get into xcaret?

Thanks, Judy

Old Sep 20th, 1999, 09:27 AM
debbie

$49. U.S. and $39. U.S. on Sundays but you don't get the evening show.
Also, if you book the trip through one of the travel companies it will cost more, so if you are staying in the Playacar area, just cab it down ($7. each way abouts) and that way you can leave when you want.
TIP: if you want to swim with the dolphins in Dolphins II, book this as soon as you walk in the door.

Old Sep 20th, 1999, 09:36 AM
Shell

I was just there three weeks ago. Admission for adults is $39 (we went on a Thursday). I believe it's cheaper on Sundays after, say, noon. The cab from Playa to Xcaret cost me $56 pesos. Coming back from Xcaret it cost me $70. The full dolphin swim sold out 20 minutes after the park opened -- I think a lot of spaces are pre-reserved over the Internet.

Old Sep 21st, 1999, 08:41 AM
debbie

Shell, you are correct - the price is $39 U.S. On the Sunday, it's $29 then. I knew there was a $10 difference somewhere.
On the cab ride - always confirm your pricing before the trip starts. What we would do was check at the front desk of our hotel what the cab fare would be to any one place and then when we got in the cab we would know what to expect in the way of pricing.
Could be that they also reserve some spaces in Dolphins II for people who've booked through the tour package out of Cancun or PDC. Good to know though about it selling out so fast as my husband wants to do it next time we are there so we'll have to be pretty sharp to get a spot!
adios

Old Sep 21st, 1999, 09:34 AM
Shell

Debbie, good info on cab fares. I was coming from Cozumel and doing this trip on my own. I caught a cab on the street in Playa (NOT at the ferry pier) and negotiated my rate to Xcaret. On the way back from Xcaret, though, you don't have much of a choice. I balked a bit, but what was I gonna do -- walk back to Playa?