Which tours with a teenager?

Old Jun 19th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Which tours with a teenager?

When we go in Aug. we had thought of the 11 hr.highlight tour the first day. Then we will go to Arenal,Playa Hermosa, Neta's, and MA.finishing back in San Jose. We could see Rincon (if not too muddy), Palo Verde (boat ride), Carara in addition. We plan to go to Turubari Park with canopy ride while at Neta' place...and of course MA.Which one's are the best or how do they differ and appeal to a teenager??? Thanks, Joyce
Old Jun 19th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Oops, I meant to post this on CR site...that's where we are going!
Old Jun 19th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Jun 19th, 2004, 06:42 PM

All of the places you mentioned have the potential of being interesting to even a teenager! The Rincon is a great area for horseback riding. There is a great waterslide built right into the side of the mountain. It is fast, long, and super cold! But fun! Our teens enjoyed it. We had taken a canopy tour that included the slide option for extra $ as well as the mud baths (our kids liked that also) and lunch. Full day. I think all of this was in the Hotel Borinquen area.

There should be plenty of activities also at Manuel Antonio including kayaking, horseback riding, tour of the park, maybe some river rafting.

Hope you guys have a great time! You'll really enjoy the Highlights Tour, I think! Plenty to do at Arenal as well. . . .Hanging Bridges, waterfalls at La Fortuna, Venado Caves, day trip to Cano Negro, etc. And, of course, the hot springs are great! The ones at Tabacon are so beautiful and the thermal pool with swim up bar has a fun water slide.
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 03:27 PM

Hello!

You need to book that Canyoning tour with Pure Trek in Arenal! It's about a three hour tour. I seen a women of fifty years do it, and she survived. This tour is not rough on your back either.

I have heard the Ricon is a great exciting tour. Good choice. WOOHOO you are doing a canopy!! Manuel Antonio has jet skiing...that seems fun.

I like the way your itinerary is set up. Good job!
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Original Poster

Wes, if you read this, I think we may skip the highlight tour in the beginning in order to fit in 2 day raft trip! Trevor read your log and is insisting upon it...and now really wants to use interbus or private driver! The rafting would probably show us some beautiful country w/o so many people around..just don't know how it will be at that time of year.
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 08:37 PM

I'm so happy for you. You will love the rafting, I promise. Why don't you email me and I can help you out. These boards are giving me some trouble.

Email me. [email protected]
Tell me exactly what you are doing and I'll make sure it's all good. I really want you to have a great trip, it sounds like it means a lot to you. Plus, I have to repay someone for all the people that helped me out.

Adios