Search

Where to stay in Cartagena

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 07:11 AM
Luz

Where to stay in Cartagena

Hi, <BR>In November I'll be going to Cartagena, but <BR>need some suggestions as to what hotel to stay in. Any ideas? <BR> <BR>Thanks, <BR>Luz

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 02:18 PM
Vanessa

There is a Hilton there. The Caribe is also very nice. The Decameron is okay but much more basic. They are all within Boca Grande (the tourist area). There are also a number of other hotels there with a variety of price ranges. <BR> <BR>In the old city itself there are two upscale hotels. The names of both escape me right now but if you do a search on Cartagena on this board they have both been discussed here before. <BR> <BR>Cartagena is a beautiful city. I'm sure you'll have a great visit!

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 04:14 PM
Parrot Mom

Check out the Old City for hotels..it's charming.....those old houses have been refurbished and behind some of those doors are wonderful restaurants..

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 06:54 AM
Ken

Hi, <BR> <BR>I stayed at the hotel Las Americas. I thought it was great. They have a private beach, a couple of pools and bars. I think they have 3 restaurants and the buffet. There is an all inclusive plan that will let you in the any of the restaurants plus several in the old city. The hotel is towards the new city. Have fun. <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 21st, 2001, 09:10 AM
Ed

Depending on how much you want to spend, there are so many possibilities. The old city is charming and walkably to historical sites. The beach area is quite amusing, some upper range hotels but many middle and economy places. You can also rent a condo neat the beach for less than $50.00 a night! <BR> <BR>Go and be sure to be at the Miss Colombia contest Nov. 11. So many parties. Beware of too much rum, it will catch up with ya. Great Restaurant is the Club de Pesca. On the waterfrount and very romantic, even if you dine alone!

Old Sep 27th, 2001, 01:20 PM
Kevin

Hi, my partner and I stayed in Cartagena in July 2001 at the Hotel Costa Del Sol. It is on the main road directly opposite the beach (about 30 feet from the front entrance). It is a large modern hotel with large rooms with views the beach. There is also a roof-top swimming pool (which we never used). They have email facilities and friendly staff. We paid about USD180.00 for 4 nights including 2 buffet meals per day. If you go to www.debriefing.com and search for cartegena hotels you will find many others that you may find more suitable. Be prepared for the many hawkers and peddlers who are on the beach, all of whom will try to sell you something but are good-humoured and will go away if asked to do so politely. Have a wonderful trip - it is a beatitful city.