wedding in costa rica

Old Sep 10th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wedding in costa rica

Hi,
We're getting married in Tamarindo. We have done a lot of research, but are still a little nervous about having people come from all over the US to this place none of us have ever seen... Any advice?
Old Sep 11th, 2004, 06:24 AM

When is your wedding? What plans have you made so far? What hotel, etc? Are you getting married on the beach?

More info would allow posters to advise more easily. The only word of advice I can think of is "Enjoy"! I know that isn't very practical, but it is hard for me to see how you guys are not going to have a fantastic time

If you and your guests are not looking for white sand and azure water, but are interested in beautiful country and friendly people, everyone should have a great time!

Tamarindo is a fun place, although somewhat overrun by people and businesses NOT Costa Rican. In the dry season, this area isn't as beautiful as in the rainy season when everything is lush and green--temperatures can be very caliente in March. And they don't drop considerably in the rainy season. I assume you know that. But I can see your wedding guests very content hanging out in Tamarindo for a few days--especially if everyone gets out and explores the surrounding beaches and areas for at least one day!
Old Sep 11th, 2004, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for your response. We have already booked a block of rooms at Cala Luna in Tamarindo. This is most likely where the ceremony will be. The wedding is in mid May, so I'm hoping that it will not rain on our wedding day...I've heard a couple of differing opinions with regard to Tamarindo and am hoping for the best!
Old Sep 11th, 2004, 08:35 PM

You'll have a great time. Enjoy!
Old Sep 12th, 2004, 07:46 AM

And Cala Luna is far enough removed from the commotion and hubbub of the center of Tamarindo that it's quite peaceful. But you're still close enough that if you or your guests want to spend time at the bars and restaurants and shops that it doesn't take long to get there.
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 06:10 AM

I didn't get to stay at Cala Luna, as they were booked, but I loved the place. The grounds are so nice, the main pool is lovely and quiet, and we had one of the best meals ever at their restaurant. Good choice for a wedding/honeymoon! Best wishes!