Reload this Page >

Warning- Mexico City and Orbitz E-tickets

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 05:54 AM
dunya

I was somewhat unsure about using an e-ticket in Mexico, but I thought I would give it a try. At the last minute orbitz changed my carrier for the the second leg of the trip to Mexicana from Aeromexico. Leaving Dallas the Delta personell at the Aeromexico desk said it would be no problem and gave me my boarding pass. I told them that normally I get the boarding passes all the way to Oaxaca and that I thought it might be a problem changing planes in Mexico City. A supervisor was brough in who insisted I did not need the second boarding pass. She told me that I could just go through security with the e-ticket and get my ticket for the Mexicana flight at the desk as I boarded. In Mexico City they would not let me through security so I went to a Mexicana desk. Here's where the real torment began as I was passed from one desk to another. As one Mexicana representative put it "No paper ticket- no fly." I ultimateley ended up at Aeromexico, got a paper ticket (which I refused their demand to pay for) went back to Mexicana and had them issue me a ticket for their flight. After two hours of hassle I made my flight for the last boarding call. The bottom line is, if I wasn't fluent in Spanish I would still be in Mexico City. Save yourself trouble and get paper tickets.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 10:04 AM
Rita

I'm flying Aeromexico and got my tickets online from Cheap Tickets which were delivered ups to me at no extra <BR>charge in five business days.<BR>There was never a mention of an e-ticket with Cheap Tickets that I recall?<BR>I will add that I also got a fare of $297.00 US roundtrip with an am departure and early afternoon return.<BR>Rita

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 02:00 PM
dunya

Hey Rita- You did the right thing getting the paper ticket. I had to pay extra to get one, but was assured the e-ticket was o.k, so I went with it. Next time I will get paper whoever I buy from. Where was your 297.00 ticket to? Mine was round trip Dallas to Oaxaca at $488.00 Thanks

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 02:17 PM
Mary

I purchased tickets online with USair. All I had for proof was my printout-which I did not have to show when departing. However, having heard horror stories, I called Usair directly and asked for a paper ticket. I was told because I received an online ticket, I could not get a paper ticket. When I asked, why, the agent then said I could but would have to pay the price they were quoting over the phone which was higher than the online price I paid. By the way everything went great, but I am always afraid of the next time. What should I do next time.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:25 AM
Dunya

I think I would lean toward having a paper ticket. My problem was that Orbitz switched me from Aeromexico to Mexicana 24 prior to depature. There was no time to get a paper ticket. If I had stayed with Aeromexico I probably would not have had a problem. Unfortunateley in the change made in my itinerary I was switched to an airline (Mexicana) in Mexico City which accepts only its own e-tickets. For peace of mind I am going to get paper in the future until the airlines really work this out.<BR>Ultimateley I am the most irritated with Orbitz- I would have thought they would have know that Mexicana would not honor their e-ticket. I am in the process of expressing my dissatifaction to them.

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 09:29 AM
Rita

Dunya: from LAX to PV in OCT. Four weeks later aerocalifornia offered the same trip for $245.00US on line, but they only fly Tues-Thur-and Sunday.<BR>Would have done it if not already booked.<BR>Also, I think there was a charge of $3.85 for the transaction, but had to pay it even without the hard copy.<BR>Best,<BR>Rita