Reload this Page >

Want to miss spring break crowds in Cancun

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 10:51 AM
Rich

Hoping to go to Cancun area this spring, but we want to make sure we miss the spring break crowds. When does that crowd surge end?

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 01:38 PM
raquel

You definitely want to get there before mid-March or you'll regret it if you want to miss that crowd. Also you can try going in May but you'll get into the rainy season. You might also consider trying Cozumel, it's a great island only a ferry trip from Cancun and it's less Americanized and more peaceful but still has beatiful beaches.

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 05:43 PM
d motl

You could also consider Isla Mujeres which is a small island 10 miles from cancun. The spring breakers that come over there are well behaved. You will also save a bundle of $ on IM. We have a free home grown 18 page brouchure on the island which we will e mail if you request.

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 07:40 PM
LIZ

You might want to look at Playa Del Carmen, spring breakers don't go there...It's not a high-rise, hot spot area, but we prefer it...Lots of things to do and see besides bars and malls and great hotels and beaches!!... <BR> <BR>LIZ

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 04:21 AM
texasgirl

hi, my sense is that you'll hit spring break between late feb and early april. by early may, graduating high school seniors will move in. spring breakers now seem to go all over the riviera maya, especially playa del carmen, so i am not sure you can totally escape them at this time....

Old Jan 21st, 2001, 01:37 AM
Dean

I am locked into vacationing in Cancun March 16-20. I know this is in the middle of Spring Break. I will be with my family(2 teens). We have a package booked at the Marriott Casamagna. <BR>We just want to relax on the beach. <BR>Does anyone know if there usually are crowds at the Marriott at this time? <BR>I was told that usually the students go to less upscale properties. Is this generally true? <BR>My other choice is the Fiesta Coral Beach. They do not have a food package. I am worried my teens will have a gigantic food bill there. <BR>We were just at Playacar in November and wanted a change. <BR>Are we crazy? Any suggestions? <BR> <BR>Please Help!! <BR>Thank you!!