Search

Valentin Imperial Maya?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21st, 2009, 11:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valentin Imperial Maya?

in Playa del Carmen. Any reviews... I am thinking of booking this tonight! I read some amazing reviews on ripadvisor and just thought I would check here too

Husband and I will be taking our first real alone vacation since our daughter came along almost 20 months ago. This trip is well deserved and neeeded...
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

also, where can I find ATV info? Is this even something I can do in Playa del Carmen?
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 12:06 PM

We stayed at the Valentin Imperial Maya last year, shortly after they opened (maybe 6 mos or so?). It was a nice resort and I had no complaints. The restaurants we at at were all very good. I believe they were all a la carte for dinner service, which is nice for an AI. From what I remember, there were no reservations required, but you did have to go and put your name on a list and you were given a beeper if there was a wait. But we would just go get a drink in the courtyard while waiting. It wasn't a big deal. Their pools were nice. They had a smaller "activity" pool and then a big pool. Also by the building we were in there was a separate pool outside the rooms. We were on a second floor room, so we didn't have a "swim out" room, but had use of that pool.

The staff was very nice and the rooms were nice - well decorated and spacious.

The property is fairly large and I think they offered a golf cart if you didn't want to walk from your room to the main area for the pool or dining or the beach. I also think each building had a concierge, but ours wasn't often there. This may be because they were still in the process of staffing and building or maybe they only had morning hours? Not really sure.

I would recommend the Valentin!
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 04:42 PM

I have been looking at this too. I found a price for 7 nights through Hotels.com that is awesome! Do you mind me asking what site you were going to go through to book your trip?

Thanks
Old Jul 21st, 2009, 05:25 PM
Original Poster

yes, we found a great deal through jetblue.com I will only fly direct, and we are only staying 4 nights.
Old Jul 28th, 2009, 01:34 PM

Hi -
My wife and I stayed there and while we were there we made a video for the place. See Watch BookIt TV...

http://www.bookit.com/mexico/cancun/...lusive-resort/

hope this helps
Old Jul 31st, 2009, 10:47 AM

Great information. Is there a building at Valentin anyone would recommend I request. From reading all the reviews it looks like Building 5 is well located for Beach and pool. Access to beach is our priority. We'll happily walk to the restaurants. I'm booked for September and am so excited.