Search

Vacation in Huatulco???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16th, 1999, 06:11 AM
Anne

Vacation in Huatulco???

I am considering a vacation in Huatulco for next year (late Jan early Feb) around this time and would appreciate any informaion that can be of help in my planning. Thinking about Royal Maeva Huatulco. Does anyone know anything about this property as well as Huatulco in general? Also, is there anything we should not miss? Any infomation good or bad would be appreciated! <BR>Thanks in advance. <BR> <BR>Anne

Old Feb 16th, 1999, 07:17 PM
Ian

I stayed at the Sheraton in Hualtulco <BR>about 3 years ago.. It is a beautiful area.. The area is new and modern. Relatively quiet.. Beaches and bays are very nice.. The Maeva looked great. We went on a tour into the jungle to see a coffee plantation.. I would also reccomend a boat trip to visit some of the bays and see some of the marine life. Lots of giant see turtles, dolphins etc.. All in all,a relaxing holiday in a nice setting.

Old Mar 7th, 1999, 04:45 PM
Denise

Hi: <BR> <BR>We had the greatest vacation in Huatulco 2 years ago. We went in mid-March & stayed at the Sheraton next to the Royal Maeva. We spoke with a few people who were vacationing at the Maeva & they were not pleased with the service & food. Some came over to the Sheraton for their meals. The meals were great at the Sheraton. There are 5 restaurants on the premises. The only thing I did not like was the pounding surf. The red flag was out every day we were there (1 week). The townspeople are fantastic. It is very safe to walk on the streets especially during the day. At night I would recommend that you stay close to your hotel. I hope this helps. If you have specific questions please don't hesitate to ask. <BR> <BR>Denise <BR>

Old Mar 9th, 1999, 10:58 AM
Larry

We stayed at the Sheraton January 30 - Feb. 6. We like the Sheraton very much. No complaints. The Sheraton was around $450 per person less than the Maeva and we didn't come close to spending that much on food and drinks during the week. <BR> <BR>The ATV tour was a blast and the boat tour was fun. The horseback riding looks like fun too. The restaurants in La Crucecita were great. <BR> <BR>We still like Ixtapa over Huatulco. The main beach is better for walking and swimming and there are more restaurants and shops near the hotel in Ixtapa than in Huatulco.

Old Mar 13th, 1999, 05:42 AM
Stephen

Hello-- We were there 2 yrs. ago and had a great time. I have been to Mexico about 20 times and never eat in the hotel. Huatulco is a great place to do this! The town is an easy cab ride and restaurants there are great and much less expensive than the hotels. We stayed at the Sheraton and never ate there. Huatulco is small, quiet, and very laid back. It is not an action place but it is absolutely gorgeous. Please go into town, often. It adds greatly to this trip and is very easy!! I wish I was going too!