Reload this Page >

Trying to do Playa for a long weekend.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Nicole

My boyfriend and I are trying to go to Playa for a long weekend. We have a trip company called MLT that does cheap trips. I am wondering though if we would be better off doing an all inclusive? Any ideas? I would be happy with a cheap bungaloo by the ocean. Help please!

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 12:26 PM
kbs

IMHO, don't go all-inclusive. There is a wonderful variety of local cuisine that you'll miss out on by staying at the big AI resorts. There are some wonderful smaller hotels on the beach in town. We stayed at the Albatros a few years ago - approx $80/night which included a fabulous breakfast buffet. The town is easy to navigate on foot with great shopping & food choices. Enjoy the culture!

Old Jan 30th, 2002, 12:32 PM
Alli

If you can get air-only, MLT is a good deal. Most of their hotels on their package deals are AI. I would not recommend an AI, last year we flew MLT, rented a car in Cancun, drove to PDC, stayed at the Corto Maltes for $55/night (www.cortomaltes.com) and had a wonderful time!

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 12:55 PM
Nicole

Are these hotels beach front? And what is the beach like along the hotel? I would like to be safe too.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 07:10 AM
kbs

Yes, both are beachfront. Do a search on the net for either hotel mentioned above and you'll get photos and prices.<BR>We felt very safe in this area. Stay within the beach strip and areas around 5th Avenue and you'll be fine.