TRY COLOMBIA!!

Old Jan 4th, 1999, 11:09 PM
Santiago

TRY COLOMBIA!!

HI IM A COLOMBIAN WHO LOVES HIS COUNTRY AND WOULD LOVE TO ANSWER ALL
OF YOUR QUESTIONS SINCE A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE THE WRONG IDEA OF MY COUNTRY.
COLOMBIA ITS A FUN, INTERESTING AND WONDERFUL PLACE TO VISIT.

QUESTIONS...? COMMENTS....?

Old Jan 6th, 1999, 06:35 PM
Paco Mier

Hola Santiago

Felicidades por tu mail y por manifestar ese interés por dar a conocer tu país, yo tengo un foro de mi país, México, aunque últimamente no lo he contestado mucho.

Te he de confesar que yo casi no conocía tu país y lo que ofrece, últimamente he leído más y tengo muchas ganas de ir a conocerlo, espero pronto poder viajar allá. Coincido contigo de que tu país muchas veces se tiene una mala idea en el extranjero, aquí nos pasa seguido con los gringos.

De nuevo felicidades por tu foro, cuando vaya allá te pediré consejo.

Saludos,

Paco Mier

Old Jan 12th, 1999, 07:19 PM
Erich Pokorny

Dear Santiago:

I just finished reading your message and am happy to hear that Colombia is indeed a fun, wonderful, and interesting place to visit. In fact, I have been giving some serious thought to doing just that in June 1999. Although I will only be able to spend 6-7 days in Colombia, could you please give me your thoughts and recommendations on where I should go, what I should see when I am there, etc.? I would be most grateful for this, as I am a firm believer that the best travel advice usually comes directly from the people living there! Should you ever visit the United States, I would be most happy to share travel advice with you as well. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thank you in advance! Erich

Old Jan 17th, 1999, 07:49 PM
Michael

Hi....I will be traveling to Colombia from Jan. 27 to Feb.7. I will be staying with my girlfriend's family in Cali. Also we will be taking a bus to Bogata for a couple of days. Can you please give me information on the city of Cali. Things to see and do there. How safe is it? (especially at night)Any do's and don'ts ? Also,Is it safe to take a bus to and from Bogota? What precautions should I take? Any and all info you can give me will be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Jan 17th, 1999, 07:52 PM
Michael

Hi....I will be traveling to Colombia from Jan. 27 to Feb.7. I will be staying with my girlfriend's family in Cali. Also we will be taking a bus to Bogata for a couple of days. Can you please give me information on the city of Cali. Things to see and do there. How safe is it? (especially at night)Any do's and don'ts ? Also,Is it safe to take a bus to and from Bogota? What precautions should I take? Any and all info you can give me will be appreciated. Thanks.

Old Jan 22nd, 1999, 09:20 AM
Ryan

Hello Santiago,

I am an american Student studying Colombia. Could you send me some Hotel, Entertainment, and resturant sites and addresses.

Thanks

Old Jan 28th, 1999, 11:13 PM
marlene

many years ago i was in cloumbia staying at a 500 room hotel with only 50 guests due to the upheaval. the hotel was surrounded with barbed wire and a guard was posted with live ammunition. the army was in control and everyone was warned that the consulates could not help them should they end up in the hands of the law. has columbia become tourist friendly? the country was lovely but the poor and army were everywhere - has it changed drastically?i was in santa marta and surrounding areas.

Old Mar 31st, 1999, 12:45 PM
Anne Caby

I stayed in Colombia februari this year 1999 and I want to tell the hole world that indeed people have a very wrong idea of Colombia.
Before I was leaving I only found "warnings" on the wep...
My trip was very nice, the Colombians were very inspiring and helpfull ! My best trip ever !!!

Old Apr 1st, 1999, 04:09 PM
JoAnn

Santiago-we spent 4 weeks in Barranquilla in '94, and another week in '97. We enjoyed the warmth and friendliness of the Colombians. We took a bus over to Cartegna and spent a wonderful week end there. We did see a lot of security guards at the stores, homes and apartments, but we walked around the immediate area the hotel was in and never encountered any problem. We enjoyed visiting another country and seeing the culture there.

Old Apr 4th, 1999, 07:55 AM
Selina Worthington

Hi Santiago,

I'm coming to Colombia in May for a 2-week work visit. I am thinking about staying on for another 2 weeks holiday with my boyfriend and am thinking about going to Popayan and Categenia - can you tell me a bit more about either area and how safe they are? Thanks, much appreciated and if you need any info on London let me know! Selina