tricolor car rental

Sep 26th, 2004, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

tricolor car rental

Hi All,

Wondering about people's experiences with Tricolor car rental. We need a car for 22 days in January and their rates look very competitive. We'll be driving alot, including down to the Osa area, so we really want to be confident with their service.
Thanks for any info! Sueb
Sep 26th, 2004, 06:59 AM

Our experience with Tricolor has been very good. No problems whatsoever in 4 separate rental occasions. I'll be using them again at the end of October. Sometimes you don't know just how good a company is until you break down somewhere (like the Osa) and find out how they handle those kinds of difficulties. We've never tested them in this way (gracias a Dios!), but you are correct--we've NEVER found better prices.
Sep 26th, 2004, 07:09 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, shillmac! That is very helpful info, especially since you've used them 4 times. The fact that you never had to call for service is comforting too!
We'll be going to El Toucanet lodge, Esquinas rainforest lodge, La Amistad lodge and Bosque del Rio Tigre, and we'll post our trip report when we return in early Feb in case anyone is considering these places. Sueb2
Sep 26th, 2004, 08:24 PM

Sounds like a great itinerary--a bit different from the usual which is refreshing! Have a great time, and it will be interesting to read your report.
Sep 27th, 2004, 10:21 AM

I agree with Shilmac with his post. I had a report from a client that had problem with the A/C down in Ojochal, near Dominical and Tricolor went there to repair the damage and they couldn't fix, so, they switched cars!
Have a nice and save trip to Costa Rica!

Humberto