Travel to Peru

Old Apr 3rd, 1998, 01:34 PM
Kenn

Travel to Peru

I am starting to plan a trip to Peru in October.
I'm planning a trip to Lima, Cuzco, Machu Picchu,
and possible to Manu National Park. Since I have
just starting the planning, any assistance would be helpful. I plan to fly into Lima, then to Cuzco and take a train/bus/taxi from there. Any know good hotels in these areas would be a HUGE help. My friend and I are not on a shoestring budget, but we are trying not to spend all of our savings either.
Also, has anyone done any rafting there??
Thanks for the input.

Old Apr 4th, 1998, 06:20 PM
Carlos Dall'Orso

There are many good hotels both in Lima and Cuzco. If you tell me what you like to be near, I can make some recomendations. A side trip to Manu will take about three days. Cuzco and Machu Pichu can take from 4 to 7 days for both. A package that includes airfare, transfers, hotels, city tour, sacred valley tour, train ride and tour of Machu Pichu can be purchased in Lima for about 300 to 600 US$. The price depends on the number of days and the level of the lodging. The 300 dollar package is for three nights on a medium level hotel.

Old Jun 21st, 1998, 05:46 PM
Diane Taylor

I, too, am planning a trip to Peru and Bolivia for Fall '98 and have found Rob Rachowiecki's Lonely Planet Guide to Peru extremely helpful. Tons of information readily available at your fingertips. See you there!

Old Jun 23rd, 1998, 06:50 PM
judi

I just found out that our tour to the Tambopata Reserve has us staying at the Sandival Lodge and not the Tambopata Jungle Lodge I've heard about. You seem familiar with that area and I'm hoping you can shed some light on this new lodging arrangement. Does it have similar ammenities and proximity to the magnificent wildlife?
Judi, thanking you in advance.

Old Sep 6th, 1998, 09:23 PM
Edson

Some tips to your next trip to Peru:
Hotel Kamana, in Lima (Jiron Camaná, 547 - phone 426-7204)> private bath, cable tv, air conditioning, breakfast included for just US$ 30 (ask for discount)
Tour to Cusco and Machu Picchu for US$ 350 including: air tickets (LIM/CUS/LIM), railway tickets (CUS/MPICCCHU/CUS), transfers, two lunches and two breakfasts, two nights at Hotel Conquistador (try another one) - Francis Tour, Av. Nicolas de Piérola 922 - Plaza San Martin - phone 427-2891.
Enjoy your trip