Reload this Page >

Topless Not But What About a Thong?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 10:04 AM
Sue

<BR>This is the first vacation my husband and I have ever had, three children and 19 years later we are going to Puerto Vallarta. My husband wants me to wear a sexy thong bathingsuit which he has already taken the liberty of ordering. I have the figure but not sure about the confidence, will there be other people wearing thong bathing suits?

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 12:44 PM
xxxxxxxx

Not me!

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 05:00 PM
dale

sue, <BR>19 years is a rrreally long time girl if u <BR>have the figure go for it if u havent been to mexico lately and sounds like u have not u just might be leaving your thong and who knows what down there have a blast <BR>dale in calgary

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 08:15 PM
go-for-it

Darling: <BR> <BR>Assume that you're close to one side of 40 or the other; and after 3 kids, and your age, and still having the figure to wear a thong, then by all means DO SO! If your hubby wants you to flaunt your beautiful butt cheeks, work it girl !!!

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 09:46 PM
Sue

if your husband thinks you have a sexy body and wants you to wear it, what do you care what anyone else thinks? You'll probably never see any of those people again anyway. Of course, you should be comfortable wearing it

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 06:45 PM
No Fan Of Thongs

If you want to look like a Whore expect to be treated like one.<BR>That kind of Beach wear is considered very bad taste in Mexico, Gringas wear them and can't figure out why they are treated badly.<BR>Act your age and you'll be Happy you did.<BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 10:04 PM
Robert

I agree about NOT wearing a thong. Mexico is not the U.S.; it is a conservative country and culture. Personally, I believe we should respect the country and the people and act accordingly. Trust me, you will be happier. If you want to wear a thong, go to Corcovado. Adios!

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 11:58 AM
Robert V.

Thong thong blues! Thorry about the pun! If the beach or big swimming pool is full of North Americans or Europeans, no problem. Mexicans might have a problem with it though, especially if their kids were around. You would also want to cover up at the concession stands.

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 07:06 AM
Tourista

Just a note to "No fan of thongs". <BR>Have you ever visited Mexico?? I have visited there dozens of times and have seen multitudes of women wearing thongs. You must be an idiot to say that the Mexican people do not care for women who wear thongs. The Mexican people are tolerant and friendly toward tourists. Wise up and stop saying things that are downright lies. If you think wearing a thong makes a woman a whore, I'm very glad that I don't live in your world!! By the way, what color is the sky above your planet??

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 06:39 PM
d motl

We to have spent a lot of time in Mexico and would agree with everything that tourista says. Especially about being tolerant. In spite of their conservative culture they need our $.<BR>I have mixed feelings on this. I can not think of a place other than Rio that you could feel more comfortable in a thong and really the locals don't judge you by that. However, we have never seen a local gal in a thong and don't expect we will in our life time.

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 06:51 PM
d motl

OOps did not notice that you were going west coast. Just observe the beach and see what is going on. The east coast got hit by Europeans first and thus is a more tolerant of the free expression although we have not been to the west coast in 5 years and they may have gone way around the east coast.Remember that Richard and Liz were tame and the west coast stiil lives by their impact.

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 09:26 AM
sgorces

You shouldn't wear it. Why? Because you aren't comfortable with it. How do I know? Because you had to ask!<BR>

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 07:34 PM
Thongs_R_Us

The way I figure it, his mother must have worn a thong all the time.

Old Apr 13th, 2001, 07:47 PM
Jo

I just came home from Mexico today. I couldn't count how many women were in thongs. Who cares how OLD you are, if you look good, go for it. I saw some rather obese women in thongs who were thinking they were looking good while I counted the dents in their butts! If your hubby wants you to wear it, do it. After 19 years and three kids you deserve to let it all hang out!! I would if I could!!

Old Apr 14th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Dave

We spent time in Huatulco last summer and I was amazed at how conservative bathing attire was. It may be different in Puerto V. but Mexico is more conservative in dress for sure.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 06:42 AM
Sandee

I was in PV last year and saw woman of all ages wearing a thong. Just take a coverup for leaving the beach/pool areas and you will be alright. It's great to see a husband who still considers his wive - young and sexy enough for a thong after 19 years and 3 children. I'd go for it, you only live once.

Old Jun 10th, 2001, 11:54 AM
JRinPV

I've lived here for over 8 years and have been visiting for many years before that. <BR>I have seen thongs worn here by tourists and it's true that they produce a lot of grins and ogles from the local male population, but it still means 'This is a Loose Woman' to them. You will not see any happy faces on the local females. <BR>I have a problem with visitors importing their 'culture' with them. I think it shows disrespect for the local culture. <BR>Would you wear a thong in the Vatican? or go topless in Saudi Arabia? <BR>Cancun may be different, I can only speak about the place I know.

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 04:39 PM
mel

i just returned from a week in pv and couldn't help but notice a lot of thongs and several topless bathers (women) at the pool and beach. i stayed at a hotel at the marina which had a lot of guests. to say mexico is conservative then would be unexplainable. some buds and i got a round of golf in the second day there. on the 13th fairway was a man, women and three kids. the man and women were passing a joint between them. i would assume these are the types who would wear a thong at the vatican and go topless in saudi arabia. most time tourists are better behaved than what are refered to as mexicans.