Three Days in Panama City-What to See

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2010, 03:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be in Panama City for four nights in mid December,staying at Canal House in Casco Viejo.Any recommendations for tours,restaurants,must do's for this area,or the Canal region in general?
Old Jul 24th, 2010, 11:23 AM

We went to see the canal, of course, and I was very pleasantly surprised. I thought that it wouldn't be all that interesting, but it actually was. The museum there is very god. We were fortunate enough to see 3 or 4 ships pass through the canal - quite amazing.

We spent an afternoon wandering around Casco Viejo. We had a fabulous lunch at a restaurant called S'cena. I'd highly recommend it - food and service were excellent. (They may also have jazz downstairs sometimes.) The other restaurant that we enjoyed Manolo Caracol - many small servings - some were excellent, others good, all interesting. It's also in Casco Viejo, and it's very popular.

We bought 2 molas at the Kuna market. It's not too far from the craft / artesan market. The craft market had a lot of pottery and I had intended to go back at the end of our trip and maybe buy a piece, but our flight was late leaving Bocas del Toro, so we got into Panama City late.

Have a great time!
Old Jul 24th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips Susan.I'll be sure to add these spots to our list!
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 03:40 AM

We went birding along the pipeline in Soberania National Park. We aren't birders but really enjoyed the early am trip. We had the driver drop us off at the canal to watch the ships. We also enjoyed the museum.
We went to a folklore dinner show one night which was fun, I can't remember the name of the place right now..
Enjoy
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

We are also considering a day trip to Soberania for birding,maybe Miraflores Locks and museum on the way back.Thanks for the ideas tt.