Search

Tequila tasting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tequila tasting

Hoping to purchase excellent tequilas at good prices when visiting in May. Can anyone recommend places to do tastings when there? I'll also do some homework before leaving.
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 01:52 PM

Where exactly are you going to be?

You might want to read a book called Liquid Mexico.
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 09:11 AM
Original Poster

Sorry, failed to mention we'll be in Puerto Vallarta. Thanks for the tip about Liquid Mexico
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 02:05 PM

Sorry, I've only been to PV once and didn't visit any tequila tasting places. You could ask the question directly to Suze on this board.

Liquid Mexico will teach you about the types and qualities of tequilas, plus it's an entertaining read. There is a chapter in the book about the production of tequila. They discuss a brand that is still produced by a family and it's suppose to be very good. Can't remember the name but you've probably heard of it.

If you plan on bringing some liquor home there is a limit. I think it's two fifths per person but you should check that out. We only use carry on luggage and have to buy at the duty free shop at the airport. Right before you board they bring it to you.
Old Mar 27th, 2008, 03:29 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Here I am. I didn't answer earlier because I don't know the answer! Lord knows I have drunk enough tequila in Puerto Vallarta(!) and brought it home a few times. I favor Centenario myself.

You might try asking on the Puerto Vallarta forum over at Trip Advisor. There's lots of active PV poster there. I'm sure people would have suggestions.

Old Mar 28th, 2008, 07:01 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
At the risk of stating what you're probably already doing... Googling "tequila tasting puerto vallarta" gets lots of hits.

There's a 2nd floor restaurant overlooking the Malecon specializing in tequilas, now if only I could remember the name