Teens & Cancun

Dec 19th, 2001, 04:54 PM
shelley

Teens & Cancun

My husband & I are taking our 15yr old son to cancun for Christmas week Any suggestions? We are staying at the royal Mayan do you think there will be kids his age there? Is there a gym or game room or anything for him to do there. Thanks

Dec 20th, 2001, 12:41 PM
xxx

my guess is that your 15 year old son will suddently want to do a lot of walking alone on the beach to view all the barely clad females.

Jan 13th, 2002, 05:13 PM
barb

We are traveling to Cancun in Feb - staying at the Royal Mayan - and wonder if you have any advice for us. Were there activities for teens to do? Thanks

Jan 14th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Ann

We took our 17 and 15 year old boys, and our 13 year old daughter, two years ago and there was plenty to do.
There is Tulum, if you like ruins, and XCARET is fun, plan on a very long day for that. XCARET has caves with underground rivers you can snorkel safely in. We enjoyed it.

Lots of great shopping, watersports, etc.

We went big game fishing, our sons caught a dolphin and swordfish and enjoyed that too.

There are lots of fun restauraunts. We stayed at the Mayan a couple of days but spent a week at the Royal Sands (it was newer).

Enjoy.

Jan 14th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Lan Sluder

My experience has been that just about everyone in Cancun is of teen age, either in fact, or otherwise.

--Lan Sluder

Jan 15th, 2002, 02:24 PM
Smurfet

Teenagers and Cancun...Wooooooooo SCAREY thought! AND DUH! I think Shelly meant Christmas 2001 people!!!