Search

Taxi/Uber in Puerto Morelos/Maroma

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2019, 08:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taxi/Uber in Puerto Morelos/Maroma

Hello again.

I'm flying into Cancun (CUN) and heading first to Punta Maroma. I have read that taking an Uber from the airport is a bad move, but what about a standard taxi? Are those safe? We used Uber a lot in Mexico City last year and had consistently good experiences but this is different. Taxi? Or overpriced hotel pickup? Or some other option? Also, any thoughts on using Uber in general in that part of Mexico? Thanks so much!
Old Oct 28th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

And, on a related note, can anyone recommend a reliable and not exorbitantly expensive car service for airport pickup? Thanks again.
Old Oct 28th, 2019, 01:50 PM

Uber is not available in the entire state of Quintana Ro o, which includes Cancun to Tulum and the Costa Maya. They tried twice but were not allowed for various reasons. Taxis FROM the airport are the worst choice as they are super expensive. Your best choice would be a private transfer (I have used USA Transfers and Canada Transfers also gets good reviews as does CARM). You do need to book them ahead of time (a day or two is fine). There are also shared transfers like BestDay but they could take a long time depending on how many other stops they have to make to drop off and pick up others.