Search

Swimming with Dolphins?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 1998, 06:14 PM
Maureen

Swimming with Dolphins?

I'm going to Cozumel soon. Anyone know of good places to go swimming with the dolphins? Any advice? I've never tried it.

Old Oct 19th, 1998, 09:25 PM
Allen

The closest place I know is at Xcaret south of Playa del Carmen. Take the ferry from Cozumel to Playa, its only a 5 or 10 minute taxi ride to Xcaret. The dolphins are inside the park, not in the wild and you have to get there early and pay an extra fee to go in with the dolphins. They allow only so many in with them each day. <BR> <BR>The people they choose are then part of the dolphin show that they put on. <BR> <BR>I don't know if this is what you were thinking of or not.

Old Oct 22nd, 1998, 11:20 AM
Michelle

Dolphin Discovery supposedly is running a program on Cozumel, though I didn't see it last month (the original Dolphin Discovery is on Isla Mujeres). You might check out www.cancunmx.com and go to their tours section for more info or post a message on the Vacationing Here page. <BR>

Old Oct 23rd, 1998, 08:19 AM
Laura

There is a dolphin discovery program at Chakanaab Park. You can have a swim/ <BR>interact with the dolphins there for <BR>about $50--typical for this sort of thing. They take your picture and <BR>I think you can buy a videotape after too.

Old Oct 23rd, 1998, 08:19 AM
Laura

There is a dolphin discovery program at Chakanaab Park in Cozumel. You can have a swim/ <BR>interact with the dolphins there for <BR>about $50--typical for this sort of thing. They take your picture and <BR>I think you can buy a videotape after too.