Stopover btw Monteverde and MA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello! My husband and I are planning a trip to CR in March. We plan to spend 2 nights at Arenal, 2 in Monteverde, and then 3-4 in Manuel Antonio. We have the choice of either spending 2 nights near San Jose at the end, or spend 1 night somewhere between Monteverde and MA. Any suggestions? Also, are there any affordable hotels in MA that have direct access to the beach? Thanks!
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 10:42 AM

I'd reccomend spending the two days north of San Jose around the Hereida area and take in the Britt Coffee tour which is both information and a riot to boot. You'll also be able to take in the Poas volcano in the same day if required.
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 12:26 PM

We just got back from a wonderful trip and had a similar itinerary-- Monteverde, Arenal, MA. We stopped over at Finca que Ama in the central valley to break up the drive. It is about 3.5 hours from Arenal and 3 or so to MA. After leaving Finca,we stopped at Carrara Park for a hike before heading to MA. Finca is a wonderful B/B and well worth it!

In MA, we stayed at Villas Nicolas which is on the "beach" side of the road. It doesn't have direct beach access but we had a beautiful beach view! Because the jungle goes right up to the beach in many areas, I'm not too sure which hotels have direct access. Many someone else will know. But I would definitely recommend Villas Nicolas-- great rooms and great balconies w/ hammocks! We spent lots of time in the hammock.... ;-)
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 12:44 PM

Costa Verde has direct access to the beach, not sure what price range you are looking for.
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks! We will definitely look into Finca que Ama and the coffee tour. Have any of you ever stayed at the Mango Moon in MA? What's it like? A little pricier than I'm looking for, but if it's fabulous, I might be willing to pay.
Old Jan 18th, 2005, 06:38 PM

La Finca definitely worth checking out. Very lovely hotel and gracious owners. Super amenities!