South Akumal Villas?

Feb 5th, 2001, 12:05 PM
Terri

South Akumal Villas?

Hi out there,
We have never been to Mexico(only the Caribbean)how did you like Mexico?
We will be staying in a villa called Las Hamacas/South Akumal in June. Can anyone tell me if they have stayed here before & if so, how did you like it? Did it rain much, I was told this is kind of a rainy season. Have you stayed at any of the other villas in that area or Akumal? How were they? We will be snokeling,(any good areas?)and will go to the Tulum Ruins. What are some suggestions for restaurants, activities, night life? Should we take BUG repellent? Is it quiet there (not too many tourist/we like seclusion) Can you sunbathe topless or nude? Tell me ANYTHING interesting that you did there. Thanks for any responses. [email protected]

Feb 5th, 2001, 02:25 PM
struttintom

Terri,

Try www.locogringo.com or www.bill-in-tulsa.com

They are both pages with toms of info on Akumal and the area around it. The message boards are the best there are for the Akumal are.
Hope these help....

Feb 5th, 2001, 04:10 PM
Terri

Hi
I found Locogringos after I posted my message! Thanx though! ~Terri~

Feb 9th, 2001, 08:20 AM
Laura

Stayed in Akumal in August. The rainy season was just beginning so you should be safe. We stayed at the Villas Flamingo... they were great. On the ocean with a pool too. Only 4 condos to the pool... so it was pretty much ours. Snorkling is GREAT! Go to the Yalku lagoon... its in Akumal and we either walked there or rode bikes. Its unbelievable. They charge you $5 to get in but its well worth it. We went there a bunch of times. Make sure you head out toward the ocean, and you will see huge sea turtles. Its amazing!
It is not a very touristy place... most restuarant bars etc close by midnight. La Buena Vida has great food and atmosphere.... and you can sit on the sand and have some cocktails! I believe you can sunbathe topless.... Have fun!

Feb 9th, 2001, 11:37 AM
Sharoon

Hi! I own a condo at The Seven Seas at South Akumal. You will really like Las Hamacas and South Beach! The snorkeling in our bay is some of the absolute best!!! First of all, it is a private beach with only a handful of villas and condos so there are not a lot of people there.
I would bring some bug spray with DEET in it for evenings.
There are beaches south of Tulum where you can sunbath topless. TRuly, it is disrespectful of the Myan people to do this when you are visiting their country. South of Tulum it seems to be okay.
Hope you have a fabulous time!! We are going back down in March and I can't wait! You might be lucky enough to see turtles coming up on the beach to lay their eggs that time of year, or even some hatch! That is magic!!!
http://akumal-sevenseas.com

Mar 5th, 2001, 08:08 PM
Teresa

Hi
Thanks everyone for your great responses! Now, I'm really excited about going to Akumal!!! I've seen the locogringos site already.
THANX
TERRI

Jul 19th, 2001, 11:47 AM
Terri

HI everyone,
Well we went to Akumal and it turned out being the nightmare vacation. Someone with keys (housekeeper or yard boy?) to the villa we stayed at stole money and clothes from us and more...Don't stay at any of these villas in Akumal and south Akumal! Ours was called Las Hamacas.
email me if your interested in more mishaps while there, including a SCAM the police do to poor unsupecting tourists.
Terri