SkyTREK VS Canopy Tour

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 01:27 PM
Jamie

SkyTREK VS Canopy Tour

In Monteverde Costa Rica. Which is the best zip-line tour? I know that the Canopy tour is the original, but has anybody been on both??

Old Oct 16th, 2000, 01:34 PM
Brooke

I've also been considering these two tours. I'm a little concerned because the travel agencies I've been talking to don't want to book these tours because of "safety" reasons.

Does anyone know if these things are "safe"?

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 06:50 AM
jbrooks

I have done the Canopy Tour in CR and had a blast! I would highly recommend it! I never was worried about safety the whole time and it is quite a thrill! I wish other places would offer this adventure, so I guess Iwill have to return to CR to do this again!

Sorry, I have not heard of SkyTrek and cannot comment on which is better, but I definitely recommend going!

Old Oct 19th, 2000, 01:15 PM
Jordy

We did the canopy tour last year. Incredible!! Very safe. I would recommend this to anyone. The only requirement is having the ability to climb a ladder.

Old Nov 2nd, 2000, 07:44 PM
Cynthia

We just got back from our honeymoon and did the Sky Trek while in Monteverde. I highly recommend it. We didn't know which one to go on, and ended up picking Sky Trek, so I can't comment as to what the Canopy Tour is like. I wanted to compare them by how many zip lines each had, whether they talk about the environment at all, and I was a little confused when I was looking into them and got some answers that contradicted each other!

Anyhow, Sky Trek had 10 zip lines and 2 suspension bridges (you can take the Sky Walk for more bridges, but it's extra money), it was amazing to do the longest and highest one, we were really zipping through a cloud.

I highly recommend it.

Cynthia