Search

Side Trips Around Rio

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 09:39 AM

Side Trips Around Rio

I'll be in Rio 5 nights and would like to take an interesting side trip from the city, possibly for 2 nights. Any suggestions? <BR>Right now, I'm looking at: <BR> <BR>Parati <BR>Petropolois <BR>or Buzios <BR> <BR>I would like to see a smaller towns, more "tranquilo." It is also important, however, to have convenient transportation due to time restraints. If you could suggest a location, please include possible transporation options.. <BR>Finally, I'm going in May - will it still be beach weather in Rio? <BR>Thanks in advance.

Old Mar 29th, 2001, 03:28 AM
Jerry

Visit the old emperors palace. it is in the mountains about one and one half hours by auto from RDJ. There is a museum and a town worth meandering through, as well as spectacular scenery on the way. I forget the name of the town but you can easily find it in a guidebook

Old May 6th, 2001, 10:43 PM
Surlok

You mean Petropolis.

Old May 7th, 2001, 10:58 AM
F

Try Cabo Frio or Angra dos reis (spelling?). <BR>Angra is particularly beautiful, and Cabo Frio is a good palce to see relatively untouristed sights.

Old May 7th, 2001, 06:35 PM
Doug Olsson

You might want to try Buzios. It's a beach town about 2 hours away by bus. A lot of Cariocas, (people of Rio) have second homes there. I think there are about 23 different little beaches and some have little water taxis to take you around.