Search

Si Como No

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 12:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Si Como No

Anyone stay here? Comments? How far is this from the SJO airport? What tours can we do nearby? Thanks! We are planning on five nights. Any room recommendations?
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 12:35 PM
Original Poster

also i can't seem to contact the hotel phone line. I tried the listed number but says call cannot be completed as dialed. Any info?
Thanks!
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 12:52 PM

Nice but overpriced. I prefer the location of Costa Verde.
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 01:07 PM

They aren't easy to get a hold of so you better make sure they have availability.

They'll respond in a few days. I had a strange experience trying to book with them. They told me they had availability for my dates, then I was emailing back and forth trying to determine the size and number of beds when they just said "we don't have any rooms". Huh? They just told me they had rooms, then a day later they don't?

Honestly, I think they just got tired of my questions!

We booked the Mot-Mot bungalow at Tulemar instead, they were very responsive in their emails.
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 05:17 PM

We really like SCN. 4 years ago I thought their prices were about right $125 per night (I think for a standard), but we had a lovely view and a nice room. The restaurants there are excellent as is the gift shop and the butterfly garden across the road. Yes, they've gone but, and so has everyone else. Probably not as good a value these days (as Costa Verde), but SCN a very nice hotel! It would NOT be a bad choice. . .
Old Oct 3rd, 2007, 05:18 PM

Sorry, meant to say "they've gone UP". . .not "they've gone". . .They're still there!
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 05:05 PM

Be sure you are dialing 011 before the number, thatīs the code to dial out of US. Manuel Antonio National Park is 3 hours by car from San Jose International Airport or 20 minutes by plane. Hotel has great views and nice restaurants. They are finishing updating most of the rooms
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 05:24 PM

We stayed at Mango Moon, but we went down to Si Como No to see their property. It's a nice property - seems very family oriented - they had a movie theater on the property, a couple of restaurants, and separate pools for adults and children, also had a very nice gift shop with a lot of art, as well as computer/internet usage. As far as tours, go to the park to see all the wildlife, take a mangrove tour, go sailing, go to the beach - nicest one is inside the park.
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 07:21 AM

We spent a week there this past Aug and thoroughly enjoyed it. Can't address your phone issue. We made all reversations, contacts via email and found them very responsive.

Since it was low season, we splurged and got the deluxe bedroom suites. Very nice. Great views, separate living/bed areas, huge bathroom with live plants in the shower.

Family and adult pools are separate and we never heard the noise between the two.

2 restaurants. One more formal - had two excellent meals there (although I know there have been some mixed reviews on this forum). Other restaurant is informal and open all day. It's where breakfast buffet is located (included with your room). Very good selection with lots of fruit (some picked on the property), eggs to order, etc.

According to DW and DD, their spa was one of the best they've been to.

We found staff very friendly and helpful. They made all tour reservations and never had a problem. Our two favorites were the catamaran and mangrove forest tour (with Iguana Tours - Barbara was an excellent guide).

As mentioned they had very nice gift shop with lots of local artists wares.

Hotel is also across the street from nature preserve and butterfly santuary (free entry tickets provided by hotel).

Grounds are very beautiful and easy to navigate. Some places we visited nearby required carts to get around the property - you'll have to decide which you prefer.

While it's family oriented, there were plenty of couples who seemed to very much like it.

We'd certainly recommend it.
Old Oct 5th, 2007, 07:25 AM

Forgot to answer your distance question. It's usually about 3 hours from SJO. Out trip to the hotel took us 4.5 hrs due to directional problems with our GPS (but that's a whole story in itself). We used maps and got directions going back, and made it in 3 hrs with no problems.
Old Oct 7th, 2007, 08:52 AM

My husband and I stayed at Si Como No in Dec. 2004 and had a great stay. The hotel grounds were beautiful and the room we had was very clean. Best of all, we woke up each morning to the sound of monkeys on our roof. It was really magical and we got some amazing pictures and video.