Reload this Page >

San Pedro, Belize restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2002, 04:26 PM
Peggy

I have dinners planned at Portofino (where we are staying), Mata Chica, Rendevous & Capricorn. Where would be a good place when we spend the day in San Pedron to have a late lunch somewhere by the water with a view, casual but local type atmosphere. Also are there any jet ski rentals in San Pedro? Anything else as far as recommendations or advice is welcome! This is our first trip to Belize. Any mosquito repellant advice? Thanks!

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 06:47 AM
Lan Sluder

Let me try this again, as my first post didn't make it:<BR><BR>My recommendations for a late lunch with a view would be:<BR><BR>Rico's at Villas at Banyan Bay -- not the island's best food, but okay, and the setting is terrific, right on the water.<BR><BR>For better food in a more casual atmosphere, I'd suggest the roof at Jam-Bel Jerk, next to "central park" and Big Daddy's in town. <BR><BR>Several outfits rent small personal watercraft. Barefoot Watersports (on the beach near Belize Yacht Club, tel. 501-226-2119, e-mail [email protected]) rents Waverunners for US$70 an hour and Watermice for US$50 an hour. Jet Skis are available at Fido&Otilde;s (tel. 501-226-2056, e-mail [email protected]). <BR><BR>No problem with mosquitoes in town or anywhere on or near the water, where there is a prevailing seabreeze, but back from the water mozzies can be a problem, especially on North Ambergris and in the far south end. They tend to be worst in the late summer.<BR><BR>In a separate message, I've attached my list of recommended restaurants from my new guide to Ambergris Caye, San Pedro Cool, coming out later this month.<BR><BR>--Lan Sluder<BR>www.belizefirst.com

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Lan Sluder

Sorry, but this forum's message size limit is just too small for me to post the restaurant recommendations, even if I break them into several sections. You can e-mail me if you like, and I'll e-mail them to you.<BR><BR>--Lan Sluder

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Katie Valk

Don't for get Sweet Basils for lunch, not in town, but across the split and really lovely, very good food.<BR><BR>Katie Valk<BR>Belize

Old Mar 17th, 2002, 05:33 AM
CJ Walker

I really enjoyed every restraunt they are all very nice and relaxing and have great food and awesome margiritas. I most defintly encourge you and your family to eat at every restraunt you see (w/a colorful sign)(and in this place you can judge it buy its looks)<BR>Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!