Search

Royal Hideaway-Activities

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Royal Hideaway-Activities

Hi!<BR>We are going to RH for our honeymoon in June. Can anyone recommend which companies to use to go to Tulum ruins one day and scuba diving/snorkelling on another day? Do we book through the hotel or off of the hotel? What are the prices like? Also, can someone please tell me where we can go for good lobster? I am not sure if the hotel offers that. I heard the Blue Lobster? is good, but I don't know how to get there. What are the prices like for lobster? Lastly, where is a good place to go dancing at night?<BR><BR><BR>Thanks!<BR>
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 08:01 AM
sweetsue

I really doubt if you will want to eat off of the Royal Hideaway property. Better and more interesting food does not exist.

Old Mar 5th, 2003, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

Wow! Thanks for the response, sweetsue! Do you know if RH offers lobster?
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 10:40 AM

Hey kcn88! We're going to the RH for our Honeymoon in June, too! Can't wait!
Old Mar 5th, 2003, 01:24 PM
sweetsue

I don't know if they offer lobster, but between all of the restaurants, there is nothing you could want for. You will love it.

Old May 23rd, 2003, 07:26 AM
Original Poster

Hi again!

Just wondering if anyone has any answers to my questions regarding Tulum, snorkelling and lobster! Prices and directions/instructions would be great!! Thank you!

kcn88
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 07:46 PM

Your villa concierge can arrange for you to have lobster at any of the restaurants on sight if you give he/she a few days notice. There is an extra charge. We splurged and did the private 5 course lobster dinner on the beach for $300 as our anniversary gift to ourselves. It was fabulous. Carribean lobster is not like Maine lobster, Delicious, just different. You can go on a 30 minute or 2 hour scuba trip right from the hotel on the beach. Heard it was nice, but not as wonderful as going to Cozumel for a day trip. I heard they have the best snorkeling around. The 30 minute snorkeling thing included a boat ride to a remote place, 30 minutes of snorkeling, then boat ride back for $29 per person. There are a million options to go to Tulum, we opted to rent a car, not the cheapest way to go , but at least we had the freedom to do what we wanted plus had the car for 24 hours for about $85. Talk to your travel agent or stop in to see the Royal Hideaway travel agent,they can go over the options with you. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 6th, 2003, 11:23 AM

You have chosen a great AI- this is THE place if you want total pampering and relaxation- no buffet lines, no &quot;wristbands&quot;, no rowdy parties. We only did the Tulum/Xelha day tour since we've been to other sites of interest in our previous trips to Mexico; we booked through our transfer service-Olympus Tours although the hotel also have their own tour service- only a few dollar difference between the two and I don't think you can go wrong with either. The day tour takes you to Tulum first in an AC bus w/toilet which is fine with us since we did not intend to spend the whole day there but just to see and learn the history of the ruins; the AI lunch of the tour was at the next stop which was Xelha where we spent the rest of the afternoon-got back around 5:30 at the hotel and just enough time to prepare for dinner; always make reservation upon arrival with your conscierge at least for the 1st 3 days and do so as you go along since we wanted to know which restaurant we want to go back to after trying the others.
Have fun! You have chosen well!