Recommended Hotel at Manuel Antonio

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What hotel would you recommend at MA that is on the beach and rather tropical looking, not terribly expensive. We have 1 day/nite there and would like to pick a very pretty place, also convenient for sights.
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 12:36 PM

www.tulemar.com on the beach close to park not cheap...

www.costaverde.com close overlooking park walk to beach

would be my choice...
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 01:47 PM

Only one day there? That's very rushed!

If your one day happens to be a Monday, the national park will be closed and that's a must-see for the area. Are you driving in from another part of the country? If you are, you'll want to consider that travel takes longer in CR than it looks like it will on the map. You might eat up your one day just getting to MA from another locale.

You'll also want to consider that most of the hotels in the area are tucked up into the mountainside and not actually on the beach. Many of them have spectacular views of the ocean and forested hillside below. Tulemar that qwovadis mentions is a popular choice, but I <i>think</i> you have to hike down to the beach; it's not right outside your door. Si Como No is popular as is Buena Vista Villas. There are actually quite a few hotels to choose from. What is your price range?

MA is pretty compact so most hotel choices are convenient to the sights. I would recommend re-thinking the one day/night if you can...
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 02:12 PM

The Mot-Mot room at Tulemar is popular. I'd go with Buena Vista Villas too, but not sure what your budget is.
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 04:17 PM

If I had just one night there I think I'd stay at La Posada Bungalows so I could just walk to the park and beaches, maybe have lunch at Marlin's and dinner somewhere like Ronny's place. You really won't have time for tours and the park is a must.
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 07:36 PM

Tulemar does have their own beach and they have a shuttle that you can call to drive you from your villa to the beach and back so you don't have to do the long walk. Tulemar is less expensive than Buena Vista Villas and they share the same property and private beach. It might be what you're looking for.