Reload this Page >

Recent Cabo Visits: Tell All

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 08:56 PM
Billy

Going there soon. How was your experience?

Old Dec 14th, 2001, 10:57 PM
B.Advised

http://www.bajaportal.com/listingpage.asp?open=55&id=55

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 05:29 AM
Edward Spiers

Just got back. Some observations...<BR> Full plane (thurs flight from San Diego) 45 minutes to go through immigration.<BR> Budget shuttle no show (no apology, had reservation)<BR> Weather 75, cloudy, water warm<BR> Lots of construction; Melia cabo real has Marriott going up next door, working on Sunday, noisy east side of hotel.<BR>Highway between San Jose & San Lucas has short strips of unpaved due to hurricane, but passable.<BR>Great gourmet place in San Jose, EL Chilar, near telmex tower,cash only.<BR>$28.00 for 3 beers, Mahi-Mahi, Chicken,focaccia, veggies.<BR>At departure,(Alaska Airlines) EVERY bag, checked or not is inspected. At two hours before flight, very crowded.<BR>Food choice at terminal is very poor.<BR>

Old Dec 15th, 2001, 12:05 PM
anon

Read some news accounts that after Sept 11 Cabo flights went down by 80% do not know what the situation is now but read recently the two major carriers Alaska and America West have cut back on number of weekly flights. There are no Canadian Carriers going there. Heard Delta no longer flys there. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.<BR><BR>Read the reason for Cabo's high prices is the high cost of shipping and bringing food and items from mainland. Makes more sense to me to vacation on the mainland and capitilize on the savings.<BR><BR>Tourism is down world wide and wonder if it is because people have decided to be patriotic and buy America. Hawaii, Florida, U.S. Virgin Islands.

Old Dec 26th, 2001, 07:35 AM
Kristen

My husband & I just got back from Cabo yesterday. We stayed at the Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar. Wonderful resort, beautiful, and wonderful weather. Food at resort is extremely expensive and not that great...but we had a wonderful time.

Old Dec 26th, 2001, 08:04 PM
anony

Timeshare are everywhere. Beware.<BR><BR>Go to www.google.com and type in Timeshare Scams in Cabo and read what comes up.<BR><BR>1. Cabo Tips 2. USA Today 3. ABCNEWS<BR>20/20 Tricks of the TRade and more on same page Claims and REalties.4 LatinTrade a great trip report written this sept called TIMESHARE HELL A VISITORS TAKE ON THE ENTIRE SCENE.<BR><BR>