Rainy on South Pacific Area?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't believe we will be back in CR in less than 2 weeks. Going to spend two nights at Tragon Lodge and then on to Dominical for a week. Has anyone visited that area of late who can tell me if there has been more rain than usual? We are going a little earlier this year and know that in December the weather has been absolutely beautiful during our previous two visits. We are just too excited!!!
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 05:24 PM

This rainy season has been the wet - most in the last 30 years I've heard. There has been flooding and landslides at many different areas of the country. I was in Dominical for a week in later October and the only issue was the roads. A 30 meter section of the Pan American highway between Cartago and San Isidro had fallen away. This road may be open now with a temporary bridge, but you may want to check. Also, there was a landslide that dropped car size boulders on a section of the road between San Isido and Dominical. This area was passable on and off during our stay, but should not be an issue now. We used the Quepos route both coming and going. But this is the fun of Costa Rica - unpredictable and always enjoyable.
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Original Poster

EdPhoto.................
I really want to say thank you or not. I probably will not sleep tonight thinking of our trip from SJO to Trogon Lodge on the 28th. Guess there are not many roads for detours in this area.

You did not say how your stay was while in Dominical. Hopefully, all went well. Thank you for a reply.
Old Nov 22nd, 2007, 07:46 AM

hi patams,

You shouldn't loose any sleep as the roads from San Jose to San Isidro to Dominical are in passable shape now from what I am hearing. The rain has slowed down a lot and you should have good weather and a great time.

Our time in Dominical was very nice. We stay at the Pacific Edge and love it there. This trip was spent partly getting geared up towards building our house on the land we bought earlier in the year. This was also our first visit in October during the heavier rains - we wanted to see what it was like that time of year.

Have a great time! I wish I was there!
Old Nov 23rd, 2007, 09:17 AM
Original Poster

EdPhoto........If you are going to build a house on some land there, I can certainly be jealous. Hope we can do a little looking while in that area. What part of CR will be your "new" home?