rafting

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rafting

Has anyone done the half day rafting trip on the Rio Arenal, offered by Desafio tours, from LaFortuna? It is supposed to be class II-III rapids. What was your experience like?
Old Apr 17th, 2005, 06:46 PM

Someone recently posted this report. I recalled reading about this trip and did a quick search.

Maybe this will help. Have fun!

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34600040
Old Apr 18th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. That post was helpful. I should have searched. I'm new a this. Thank you.
Old Apr 19th, 2005, 04:12 AM

Yes the search function on this site is very useful. But still sometimes you cannot find the answer, so, don't ever hesitate to ask!

I didn't even realize there was a search for a long time!

Old Apr 19th, 2005, 09:45 PM

Hi! We did the 1/2 day rio arenal rafting tour the end of March. We did it in the inflatable kayaks,there are doubles or singles, or you can go in a raft. The guides were wonderful, the scenery is gorgeous, floating by the jungle. The water level was pretty low however. The rapids were not very scarey they were about a 2 - 21/2,maybe a 3 for the manuevering.. I kept getting hung up on the rocks, but the guides would help get you off. I'm not that great of a paddler. If the water level was higher it would have been a perfect trip. It was just more work manuevering through the rocks. My family and I really enjoyed it. They serve you a really nice lunch at the owners house by the river at the end. I liked the proximity of this river to Arenal so you didn't have to take a 2 hour bus ride for a river trip.It took about 20 minutes to get to the put in. I would check on the water level. They told us it was low this time of year. It's a beautiful run however. Our 13 year old kids were able to handle the single kayaks . A great 1/2 day adventure, you're tired at the end!!!