Quality Resort in Belize with Offshore Snorekling

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 03:10 PM
satoru

Quality Resort in Belize with Offshore Snorekling

Looking for a REALLY nice place to stay in Belize where I can snorkel right off the beach. Not interested in roughing it - I'd like a nice resort, with nice rooms, great food and service. Even if it's pricey, what's a GREAT place to stay that has GREAT snorkeling?

Please respond with details!!!

Thanks,

Satoru

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 06:50 AM
Lan Sluder

If snorkeling off the beach with luxury accommodations are your only or your main priorities, I would suggest going to Grand Caymen rather than Belize.

--Lan Sluder
www.belizefirst.com

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 08:31 AM
Katie Valk

Any of the lodges on the outer atolls, but they are remote and the only establisments on each island. Otherwise, you'll need a boat to get to the reef.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 10:36 AM
Dave

I agree with Lan, and if you want fewer tourists than Grand Cayman, try the Plaza Resort on Bonaire. The best offshore snorkeling we've found anywhere.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 07:41 PM
TC

If you want great snorkeling off the beach go to West Bay in Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras. The snorkeling is amazing. Cozumel, Mexico is also good.

Old Feb 19th, 2003, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
placencia is where my husband takes me to do his fishing shows and a boat drops me off at the most amazing snorkeling, untouched and I free dive for dinner conch mostly. Return to the hotel and feed friends. The inn at roberts grove is great, thats where we stay, upscale food and rooms with a great pool. I used to love the turtle inn for privacy but copola has it now and is beautiful but have not stayed there yet. rum point inn is another as well as the nautical inn. In Belize its hard to find snorkeling from beaches. But you could try Roatan. A great resort is the huba luca or something like that, its where they filmed one of those reality shows. If your interested give me a jingle. Hope this helps.

Sue
Old Mar 9th, 2003, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best place to stay is the Mata Chica in Ambergris Caye. It's small, and very private. They have the best food on the island. They also offer snorkeling tours with the best guides on the island. You can also snorkel there at the resort. It is so GREAT that I've been there twice. If you sometimes want the beach to yourself, it's the place to be (most guest go out diving for the day). Good Luck!