Search

PV beaches

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2002, 10:19 PM
Lynne

PV beaches

We are going to PV the begining of June and I have been all over the BB on the net. I have herd so many great things about this place can't wait to go. When reading about the beaches people have mentioned the water is a bit rough? Do they have what is called the dangerous rip tides? When we went to Costa Rica everyone had warned us of these rip tides. ( I love to swim and have been in other oceans US ) . Hope when people say rough they are not refering to that.<BR>Lynne

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 05:44 AM
John K

Hi Lynne,<BR>I've been to Puerto Vallarta several times and I've never encountered dangerous water conditions. I know that a certain times of the year the surf is stronger than others. I'm going the last week of May so if you don't get a good answer before then I'll come back and post about my experience then.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:45 AM
swim report

Lynne, PV is a fantastic place!! Sometimes the water is rough and even with a riptide, but I have no idea about June conditions. The beaches themselves depend on what part of town you are in (as far as rocky, rough, sandy, how wide, drop off, etc.). If things in town aren't looking good take a bus out to El Anclote near Punta Mita (about 1 hr. from town). It's a gorgeous beach, small calm bay, clear water.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:26 PM
LYNNE

Thanks so much for the info, I can't wait to go!<BR>John K I would love to get the scoop on PV before I go June 8th. If you have the time and would like to e-mail me on any tips please feel free too. <BR>We are staying in the hotel zone - but are looking forward to exploring as much as we can!<BR>Thanks Lynne<BR>[email protected]<BR>

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 04:12 AM
pvlover

I love PV, so I highly recommend it, but do you realize you are going in the rainy season? It will be very hot and humid then also.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 09:36 AM
Susan

Lynne, Taking the local bus is a great and cheap (4 peso) way to explore town, besides on foot. They run all the time from the hotel zone into downtown. Be sure to get into El Centro (cathedral, zocolo, Malecon/seawall promonade, etc.). I've spent a 14 vacations in the "old town" neighborhood of PV (and obviously love it there). I don't know about resorts or organized group tours, but am very familiar with the town in general. Feel free to email me direct if you have specific questions I might help with.

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 08:21 PM
john

Stong currents can be found south of town in the small bays if the waves are high but generally they are not bad on the larger beaches. There will always be a bit of an undertoe but it is ok if you are a decent swimmer. No such thing as a lifeguard on any beaches.

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 08:25 PM
Anony

Lynn a great little Beach, called Concha Chinas ,not well know to people is below El Set Rest. and Lindo Mar Condos south on the highway just before Camino Real. You can take the local bus or Taxi.<BR><BR>Linda Mar has a little restaurant just above the Beach. You can use the stairs at Concha Chinas hotel or the Elevator At Linda Mar.<BR><BR>No Crowds.<BR>

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 08:37 PM
Anony

P.S. Lynn good web site with photos<BR>is www.tradingplaces.com<BR>