Reload this Page >

Puerto Vallarta or Ixtapa ???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2001, 04:03 PM
wanda

Hi, are undecided about Puerto Vallarta or Ixtapa ? Has any one been to both of these plces and which one is better ? Also puerto valallta which is a good area to stay, within walking distance to shopping etc. What is the water like, we heard that it is dirty? We are used to being in the Carribean ?

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 05:01 AM
Mary

Wanda- I'd go to Zihuatanejo right next to Ixtapa. They use the same airport. It's on a beautiful bay. Check out this web site for rental and hotel info: http://www.zihuatanejo.net/html/business.html#rentals They don't have package deals available in Zihua but they do have very reasonable accommodatios and rentals available. Good luck! PS It's very Caribbean-like with a Latin flavor. Ixtapa on the other habd is very Cancun-like.

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 07:28 AM
Sandi

As a TA I would say Ixtapa, or ZIH, Melia Azul in Ixtapa is one of my client's favorites!!

Old Aug 17th, 2001, 09:04 AM
loangalsal

Never been to Ixtapa, but been to Puerto Vallarta 6 or 7 times. The ocean is not dirty, but you will not see the white beach with crystal blue waters like you do in the carribean. The water is darker, more brown in color and the beaches are tan colored, not white. However, the old charm of the town is what we love there. We stay at the Krystal which is spread out over many acres, no high-rises, and great pools, right on the beach. You can take a cab to town for only $3 (US$) but you can't walk there from the hotel. Cabs are very plentiful all over town, you never have to wait for one. If you stay in town, you will not get a hotel on the beach. The town is (unfortunately) becoming more americanized with Hooters, Planet Hollywood, but you can still find wonderful local restaurants, shops, galleries. Lots of stuff to do there, great weather except rainy season(May-October).

Old Aug 23rd, 2001, 02:29 PM
Janda

We like PV. It is such a easy place to be. I recommend it for young and old alike.We stayed at the Playa Los Arcos. It is right on the beach.