Reload this Page >

Puerto Vallarta or Acapulco ??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30th, 2000, 07:08 AM
Sandee

I am in the final stages of planning a 2 week vacation for Early May with the departure day being restricted to Sunday or Monday due to business considerations. This limits the availablity of Tour packages and it looks like I be doing an air and land option. We normally stay at 4-5 star hotels with comfort, facilities and view being the prime factor. Any recommendations, including hotels would be welcome. We tend not to like all-exclusives as we would never spend the $$ on food and drink. We like the flexibility to choice our dining location and look forward to trying different restaurants. We've been to Cancun and loved the tours of the ruins. I am considering La Jolla de Mismaloya as a hotel in PV. I having been also looking at the Acapulco Princess or the Hyat regency in Acapulco. Any help and comments would be welcome. Thanks

Old Feb 3rd, 2000, 10:50 AM
John

Hi, Sandee, <BR>We haven't been there in a couple of years, but I have to suggest you look at Las Brisas in Acapulco. It's been around for nearly 50 years, before and after Elvis, but IMO it's a unique experience, one we keep returning to, even if Acapulco is a little out of favor with some folks. Fetching your breakfast out of the "magic box" in the wall, then sitting by your private pool with hybiscus flowers floating in it, looking down on the bay and city, well... <BR>

Old Feb 4th, 2000, 05:42 AM
mexicodan

Try www.go2mexico.com or puerto-vallarta.com or choice1.com/villamontana.htm <BR> <BR> <BR>adios! <BR> <BR>mexicodan

Old Feb 5th, 2000, 10:05 AM
Rich Shields

We go to PV every year and have tried many hotels there. The Camino Real is my favorite but my wife likes the Playa de Oro. The Camino is 5 star and the Playa is 3 but could easily be a 4. Its clean, comfortable and all inclusive with good location and service. I think you know the Camino speaks for itself. Puerto IS the place to be vs Acapulco.

Old Feb 5th, 2000, 11:31 AM
pat

I have been to both PV and Acapulco. I much prefer PV. I loved it there and would return in a heartbeat. I have stayed at the Camino Real also. I really liked it. Acapulco is sooo much bigger than PV. It is a huge city, while PV is smaller and much more quaint. I did go to Mismaloya, but I did hear good things about it. It is further from town. Eitherway, I am sure you will have a great time!!! ENJOY!