Search

Puerto Vallarta on Budget

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 05:37 PM
rolo

Puerto Vallarta on Budget

We're going to PV on a budget and we've narrowed down to two hotels: Emperador Suites and Los Arcos Vallarta. Has anyone stayed at any of these places? I'd appreciate your input.

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 05:48 PM
dan

If you can stay the Playa Los Archos its on the beach.Same hotel chain. The Los Archos Vallarta isn't on the beach I believe.<BR><BR>Its a nice 3 star hotel with a great location on the beach.<BR><BR>adios!<BR><BR>[email protected]< BR>www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm

Old Apr 4th, 2001, 06:14 PM
rolo

Thanks, but we've looked into Playa Los Arcos. They seem to have a problem with two guys sharing the same bed. There are three of us travelling and all I could find there was a suite with a king and a sofabed. Apparently, Los Arcos Vallarta is only a block away and we can use Playa's beach facilites.

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 06:48 AM
kkeefe

I would recommend the Molino del Agua hotel or the Posada Rio Cuale. Both are "old Vallarta" style hotels, located south of the river, near the market place and "restaurant Row". The molino del Agua is right on the ocean and has suites with kitchens. They are not luxurious, but great location, good value and a little slice of the real mexico.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 03:06 PM
Helpful

Rolo,<BR>Here's a website for Emperador Suites:<BR><BR>http://www.hotelemperadorpv.com/<BR><BR>Note that the prices are from 2000 but they probably have not increased THAT much. Also note that the prices are in pesos so divide by 10 for a good estimate of US dollar prices.<BR>If you 3 are really travelling on a LOW budget, I can offer others with lower prices than the 2 you've chosen.<BR>Personally, travelling in May would make me insist on A/C.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 03:22 PM
Helpful

Here's the website of one of the low budget places to stay and one that offers 2-3 beds. The others on my list do not have beds for more than 2.<BR><BR>www.hotelencino.com<BR><BR>

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 07:46 AM
dan

Get a copy of the Puerto Vallarta Handbook by Bruce Whipperman.<BR><BR>adios!<BR><BR>mexicodan@hotmail .com