Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Puerto Vallarta - Looking on feedback on Casa Magna (Marriott)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2000, 02:54 PM
temj

We are considering this hotel. Anyone with a report on this place as compared to others, please respond. Thanks so much.

Old Jan 25th, 2000, 11:46 PM
C.Clark

Hi temj, we stayed there in May of 98 and loved it. I've never gone wrong staying at the Marriott!!!!! <BR>

Old Jan 26th, 2000, 08:09 AM
Doreen

Hi temJ, I've stayed at both the Casa Magna and the Camino Real. The Casa Magna was very nice. The pool was wonderful. I, personally, liked the Camino Real better. It didn't feel as commercial. The pool is kind of small, but liked the beach better at the Camino. It just seemed more intimate.

Old Feb 1st, 2000, 07:14 AM
Jen

I stayed at the CasaMagna for our honeymoon in Sept 98. When we were deciding it was between the Camino Real and the Marriott. We loved the CasaMagna - the service was impeccable and the hotel was immaculate. The pool was also great. We switched to an ocean view room, which was worth it. The view on the other side of the hotel wasn't so good. I thought the hotel had a very Mexican feel to it - very open. <BR> <BR>However, I have read a lot of reviews about the Camino Real and it does sound great. I think maybe a bit more upscale and intimate. The drawback is that it is further from the town of PV w/ it's many wonderful restaurants. Please email me with more ?s. I plan on going back soon!!

Old Feb 2nd, 2000, 05:05 AM
susan

I have been to both and you can't go wrong with either one. I would say the Casa Magna is more 'grand' but the Camino Real has more Mexican character. The Camino Real is more secluded but very close to town...I like that the Casa Magna is not a high rise though...if I recall correctly all the buildings are two/three stories at the most.