Puerta Vallarta rain in July

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning my honeymoon to Puerta Vallarta in late July but just found out it's their rainy season. Has anyone been there around that time or knows what it's like? Does it rain hard an hour then sunny? Does it just rain 24/7? A little rain doesn't bother me but should I find another location?
Old May 14th, 2010, 04:43 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I've been 3 times in mid-June '06, '07 and '08). Two trips were fine, beautiful weather. The third trip it poured rain pretty much all day for 5 out of my 10 day stay.

As far as finding another location it's rainy season pretty much everywhere in coastal Mexico and the Caribbean islands in the summer time.
Old May 15th, 2010, 05:32 AM

After April and until about June or July it will become increasingly warmer, to about 90° F or 32° C, and more humid (80°F - 27°C at night). Around mid June the rains begin. In the rainy season the humidity will increase during the day until the rain comes.
Normally, and I repeat Normally, it will rain for about 2 hours - very heavy with thunder and lightning - in the late afternoon, in the evening or sometimes in the middle of the night. It hardly ever lasts long unless there is a weather system of the coast.
Old May 15th, 2010, 06:26 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
cabron lives in Vallarta so his experience is much more comprehensive andn accurate than my limited times there (even though I did get rained on bad that one time!)
Old May 16th, 2010, 03:25 PM

I have only visited PV once in July. Never again! The rain didn't bother us, but the heat was simply unbearable for my gringo ass. Sitting under a palapa with a drink in my hand while enough perspiration dripped off my earlobes to make the shoulders of my shirt wet is not my idea of a fun vacation. We checked out of our hotel and headed for the hills.

We always stay above 5,000 feet elevation in Mexico in the Summer. Try the mountain cities, you will fall in love with the real Mexico there, IMHO.
Old Jul 2nd, 2010, 07:47 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Ditto to nukesafe. Consider too, that runoff from rivers can make the beaches kind of funky, if it rains enough. IMO.