Notices

Presidente hotel/Cancun

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 01:36 PM
Lucy

Presidente hotel/Cancun

Hello I am booking a vaction to Cancun for the summer and am staying at the Presidente Hotel. I am geting a package that includes airfare. The room included says: "Standard Garden View" For $15.00 more a night, I can get "Superior Lagoon View" is the Lagoon view room much better and worth the extra cost? I'm not planning on being in my rom all day but would like a nice room. I will be there for a week, does anyone know the difference in the rooms? Is it just the view?

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 02:08 PM
Don

I stayed at the Presidente last summer, I would think that they mean superior lagoon view might be in their tower which is newer than the other part of the hotel. Lagoon view is not ocean view, you would be facing the back but it may be on a higher floor in the tower where the other older part of the hotel I think only goes up to the third floor. It may be worth it. Since this part is newer I think the rooms may be nicer but don't get me wrong the older standard rooms are very nice too.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 03:56 PM
Marie

I would just call the hotel and tell them to be as specific as they can

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 04:16 PM
Lucy

well that gets me mad. I thought I had picked a great deal, and it turns out I'm going to have to pay hundreds more for a decent room. I was going to stay at the Camino, but aI found out that the "towers" which everyone was raving about, would cost me an extra $100.00 a NIGHT....I am seriously considering this whole trip. I'm going to go look around now at other sites, but I think that this was the best deal I could find...

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:03 PM
AmyK

I stayed at the Presidente. I used a Travel agent, he advised me to upgrade to a "club tower" room, which I later figured is just another name for the tower rooms. He said the rooms were much nicer. I was into saving money, so I passed. I am soo wishing I would have stayed somewhere else. I did get a balcony room, but it took 24 hours for the guy to come fix the door so we could open it!!! The bathtub was stained and gross and the maids kept knocking on our door even the the do not disturb sign was out. The pool leaves much to be desired and the swim up bar was closed. Next time I went to Cancun I stayed at the Fiesta Americana which was right next to the Presidente. The pool was amazing, the rooms were much better and I had no problems at all.

Amy K.

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:24 PM
Lucy

this is getting so ridiculous. Some people are saying how great this hotel is, how nice the pool is, etc, and some are saying that the pool and rooms are gross. If i could just find a picture of what a standard room facing the garden looks like....

Old Apr 2nd, 2002, 06:33 PM
Amy

Lucy,

There may be a REASON why they don't have pictures of the non-tower rooms....

Amy

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 04:23 AM
Don

Lucy, calm down, this is a very nice hotel, its not the Ritz but then you are not going to pay Ritz prices. If you are getting a good price stay in the standard room, you will not be disappointed. The hotel is in a good location and the beach is great if you like that clean calm type of water with a wide nice beach. Do you need a swim up bar, yes it wasn't open when I was there too but so what.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 05:21 AM
Lucy

Ok I will stay at the Presidente. So you wouldnt recommend upgrading to a lagooon view room?

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 06:06 AM
Don

I didn't have an upgraded room and I am somewhat picky and it was all fine. Why pay the extra money when you will not be in the room that much. I liked this hotel and it has a very nice beach and the pool was fine, not fancy because this is one of the first hotels built in Cancun that is why it is on the best part of the beach.

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 09:36 AM
joyce

www.principaltravel.com
Click Mexico, Resorts, Then Cancun, then Presidente Intercontinental.
There is a photo tour.