Please help me choose a Mexico destination!

Dec 27th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Joy

Please help me choose a Mexico destination!

My husband and I would like to travel to Mexico in late Jan. or early Feb. We are just looking for a little R&R---no sight-seeing, bar hopping or adventures. We would like to just relax on the beach and have good service and food in our hotel. There is so much info. out there it is making it impossible to decide where to go. Can someone please help me narrow it down? We are not too concerned about price, we just want a really nice place with good food.
Thanks!

Dec 27th, 2001, 12:22 PM
di

If you want beautiful, white, cool to the bottom of your feet sand and water of incredible shades of aqua, consider the Cancun area. If you don't want the "glitz" of the Hotel Zone, try a short boat ride over to Isla Mujeres. Playa Norte on Isla is my favorite beach. You can walk out 100 yards in this beautiful, clear water.

Or go down along the Riviera Maya to Akumal.

Personally, I prefer the Carribbean Sea to the Pacific Ocean when I go to Mexico, but that's just my opinion!

good luck!
di

Dec 28th, 2001, 05:28 AM
mexicodan

Try www.lamanzanillamexico.info

Dec 28th, 2001, 10:50 AM
Randy Spencer

My wife and I had our most romantic vacation ever in Cabo San Lucas.

Dec 28th, 2001, 02:05 PM
Maree

JOY,
I did not like Akumal. The restaurants there seemed to always get our bill screwed up and someone broke into our rental car and stold clothes of all things! The locals are poor so, I guess they have to steal. Too bad. We also got sick and we were careful too. I was so sick on the plane coming home. It wasn't fun!

Dec 28th, 2001, 03:52 PM
d motl

Agree with previous poster that Isla Mujeres might be you place. you might want to visit isla-mujeres.net
While at the sight click on trip reports and than select the report by Shawn, Lorna and Tyler dated 1/200.
If you liked that then e-mail us back and we will send you our 22 page e-mail brouchure on the island. We spend a lot of time there. Dan and Ginny

Dec 28th, 2001, 04:35 PM
Peggy

Look into hotel Costa Careyes, 1 1/2 hrs drive north of Manzanillo. Small beach but great pool/service/food & jacuzzis on your terrace that face the sunset. Perfect for relaxing!