Please critique my 2 Week Itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2023, 11:08 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, we will be coming to Costa Rica in April for 14 days, We have already made our lodging reservations and are in the process of putting together our itinerary. I have listed our initial thoughts below. Please critique and let me know if I am missing something or if I might want to bypass an activity for another. I am also interested in transportation thoughts: via hotel that I am going to or use Bookaway? Night tours, should we do this at Arenal Observatory, Monteverde or Manuel Antonio or all? We want to go on a chocolate and coffee tour. Which area would be best for this activity? We wanted to go on the Villa Vanilla Spice Tour but it is currently booked in April. Do you think that there may be cancellations? Which tour companies would you recommend for tour guides? Thank you.

Day 1 - Arrive SJO @ 1pm and transfer to La Fortuna: Tabacon. Enjoy pool, whirlpool and hot springs.
Day 2 - Mistico Hanging bridges in morning. We thought about adding the waterfall and volcano hike but are leary of the many steps at the waterfall, Would you recommend visiting the lava fields? Maybe Coffee/Chocolate tour after Hanging bridges instead?
Day 3 - Zipline at Sky Trek. Bogarin trail tour or maybe night tour?
Day 4 - Transfer to Arenal Observatory Lodge. Maybe do night tour?
Day 5 - Free guided tour in the morning. Maybe night tour this day?
Day 6 - Feeding platform in morning. Hiking trails rest of day.
Day 7 - Transfer to Hidden Canopy Treehouse in Monteverde. Use the van/boat/van to transfer? Guided night tour?
Day 8 - Guided Cloud Forest Experience in morning and Coffee/chocolate tour?
Day 9 - Transfer to Tulemar in Manual Antonio
Day 10 - Guided tour of Manuel Antonio Park (early morning). Night tour at Manuel Antonio Park
Day 11 - Tulemar private beach
Day 12 - Coffee and Chocolate tour here? Coffee and spice tour? Cooking class? other suggestions?
Day 13 - Transfer to Courtyard by Marriott near SJO
Day 14 - Fly home