Search

Playa Potrero?'s

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2008, 04:34 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playa Potrero?'s

I'll be with a group for a few days in Playa Potrero before going to Monteverde for a homestay/language course. The school has booked us into the Villaggio Flor de Pacifico, does anyone know anything about this property or how close the beach is to this hotel. I have eaten at the Marco Polo pizzaria on property, but it was a rainy evening and I don't remember much, except the pizza was really good. Any other commnets in general about this area would be appreciated. Pura Vida!
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 02:20 PM

Hi--we're like you--have eaten there, but never stayed. I'm guessing it is about a 10 min. walk to the beach, but could be wrong. Have tried to picture it. I know that is where we always turn left when taking the Monkey Trail to Playa Hermosa.
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 06:18 PM

SrFlojo,

I don't know when you are going, but my husband and I are going to Potrero in two weeks and we are staying there.

They advertise being 800 meters from the beach and they have a shuttle to playa Penca, where they have chairs, restrooms and a beachside bar/snack/shack.

This is where the CPI school in Flamingo beach has us staying. I will be happy to let you know about it when I return if you aren't going before then.
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Original Poster

Muchas Gracias! That would be great. We are going there in about 4 weeks with 29 of my closest friends (a school group). If you get to Brasalito you need to go to El Camaron Dorado, really good food and a nice location right on the beach. Pura Vida!
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 02:54 PM

Con mucho gusto. We are planning on eating at El Camaron Dorado. It has too many good reviews on this board to pass it up.

Pura Vida
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 03:37 PM

I'll be eager to hear all about Villaggio Flor de Pacifico (what it's like; how close it is to other things; etc.) and CPI Flamingo from you guys when you return. I'll be there in July, so any details will be welcome.

May you both have wonderful trips!
Old Mar 26th, 2008, 04:56 PM

I'm interested in the fact that CPI has its students staying there now. They used to stay at Cabinas Isolinas, a budget place, but with AC and a pool--I always thought it was a pretty good value and have considered staying there while on vacation. Our daughter as well as a friend's son stayed there, and they both really enjoyed it. I'm guessing Villaggio Flor de Pacifico is more $$, of course, but with more amenities, should be nice.

I'll be anxious to hear also. I hope your group has a great trip with lots of new language acquisition! Buen viaje!