Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste

Old Apr 6th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Playa Hermosa, Guanacaste

We are going to Hermosa in June with our 4 and 6 year old and would love more info from anyone who has been there.

How is Hermosa compared to Samara and Nosara? We love Samara but are looking to try somewhere else, also. The accomodations with kids seem better in Hermosa.

Does anyone know Oasis condos (next to Villas del Suenos)? Any other recommendations close to the beach with more than one room?

Thanks for your help. It is hard to get a lot of info on Hermosa.
Old Apr 6th, 2004, 08:35 AM

My wife, 1-1/2 year old son and I stayed at Villas del Sueno last July and we had the greatest time. The villas are so nice that you almost forget that you are in Costa Rica and the food, although expensive, is the best. We loved Hermosa because we drove to Rincon for the day and did the short hike, 2 to 3 miles, my son was in a carrier on my back. Don't know if I would suggest it for small children though. Some very steep inclines and crossing of moving water was a little bit of a challenge, but it was awesome. The beach at hermosa was great as well and the little restaurants and cafes were also great. A great place for kids. We also had a rental car and went to the smaller towns nearby and then to Tamarindo for the day. about an hour and a half drive, which was well worth it. We spent the first few days in Manuel Antonio, but had much more fun at Hermosa. Either way, have fun.
Old Apr 6th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Original Poster

ewesthoff,
Thank you for your response. It is so helpful to get feedback.

We were thinking about staying at Rincon De Viejo for a night. Do you know anything about the lodges?

Also, since you went with a child, did you notice if there were many other kids in Hermosa? Were there many Costa Ricans vacationing? My kids are both taking Spanish and it would be great if they could meet some Spanish speaking children!

We are looking forward to our stay at Villas Del Sueno!
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:01 PM

Have you checked out hotel velero in hermosa. Have not been but seems like a great place from there web site.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 07:03 PM

Oh sorry, I believe the website is costaricahotel.net
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 09:07 AM

You can't go wrong with either Oasis condos or the El Velero.

El Velero is right on the beach, and is, obviously, a hotel (with a great feel to it), while Oasis is a couple minute walk to the beach.

I'd agree that the food at Villa del Sueno was fantastic.

I didn't see any kids at either place, but there are lots of families on the beaches...