Search

Playa del Carmen

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2001, 04:20 PM
lois richards

Playa del Carmen

My husband and I are in our late 50's and are considering Mexico and the Playa del Carmen area during the latter part of March. Any suggestions as to what hotel we should stay as we want more adult atmosphere rather than young families? Any other places in Mexico that you would recommend? Thank you for your assistance. Lois

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 04:34 AM
roberto

We stayed at a condo and it worked good for us, there are several hotels to choose from you can check a web site called playaguide.com (???) the condo where we stayed has a web site www.playadelcarmenvacation.com it's a nice place we found what we needed. <BR> <BR>Good luck and enjoy!

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 08:00 AM
Laura

Playa del Carmen is very nice. But another option is Akumal (about 20- 30 minutes south of Playa del Carmen). Its a very charming little town... and it is so beautiful. We rented a villa for very cheap.

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 11:46 AM
Sharoon

Hi Lois! <BR>If you go to this website, you will be able to get alot of info on the area; <BR>http://www.bill-in-tulsa.com/wwwboard/wwwboard.html <BR>The people on this board are wonderful and Bill can help you to find the right place in the area for you. Hope this helps! <BR>P.S/ You are going to fall in lovewith the area! My husband and I did 11 years ago when we first went to Akumal...have been going back ever since and even bought a condo there!

Old Feb 9th, 2001, 02:53 PM
Tina

Lois, don't forget that the latter part of March (well actually ALL of March) may see an influx of college kids (spring break) --- so you'd definitely want to steer clear of Cancun during that time.

Old Feb 10th, 2001, 07:14 AM
BranV

We are staying for our Honeymoon at the Royal Hideaway in Playa Del Carmen in mid April, prime Spring Break time as well. We are going there b/c it does not allow Spring Breakers and is known for its quiet (and lack of children). If you do a search on the posts for this resort you'll see a lot of really good info. We can't wait!

Old Feb 12th, 2001, 08:28 AM
Debbie

Hi Lois - you might want to give serious consideration to the RIU Palace as it's directed to the older more quieter adult crowd. This is an ai with excellent food and accomodations, and is part of a chain dedicated to quality and service. <BR>Visit their site at www.riuhotels.com and check the information under the Forums board and under RIU Palace in the All Inclusives section.

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 03:32 AM
peggy

Hi Lois - <BR>We love Playa and have bought a condo there - we only rent to families or couples - no groups of teens. I noticed above one of our previous renters posted above. We just started renting it in February. We have renters booked from Sweden, Canada, CA, MN and NY booked. I think it will be quiet yet a fun place to be. There are only 4 units of the 13 available at this time so there is a possibility you could have it almost to yourself (with the exception of the caretaker who lives on premise and the cleaning person. We love it - in fact we are going today 2/13 and will be back on the 2/23. Good luck planning - we are both 45 - so we are in the same age group. The web site is www.playadelcarmenvacation.com We also have a list of frequently asked questions and answers which may be worth your while to print off. Looking at your response - ours is only open from Sunday evening - 25th through the next Sat am. There may be another available if interested though. <BR>Peggy